Some Sort Of Bantam?

shearwater

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Nantucket
One of two roo's mixed in with our pullet order from McMurray. This was our "mystery chick" when we ordered all RIR's and a couple WR's. Any guesses?

k3lssi.jpg

2s01eua.jpg

Thanks.
BP

Andalusians should be around-

Large Fowl:
Cocks 7 lbs Hens 5 ½ lbs

Bantams:
Cocks 28 oz. Hens 24 oz.

Chris

Quote:
MM adds a rare chick to every order

I know- but what an odd one to put in with RIRs and WRs. When I got mine I had a light brahma. Real rare, eh? At least it was another brown egg layer, and a girl.

Quote:
Thanks very much. Is that in the Bantam family? This guy is very aggressive.

There are Bantam Blue Andalusians but MM does not sell them. Yours is a large fowl.

Thanks everyone for your responses. My daughter and I are really bummed that it turned out to be a roo only because it makes a racket(not allowed in our neighborhood). It has a great personality and is incredibly smart. We don't want to have to give it away because it has turned into our favorite of the bunch but we'll get "busted" if we keep him.
sad.png
Cheers.

BP

McM gives you an option of getting a free rare chick, which doesn't end up being rare most of the time from what I have experienced and read on here. I got a Red Star with one order and an EE with the other last summer. I would love a Blue Andy as a freebie, but I live too far away to take him off you hands. I do have them on order for my oldest son this spring though. They are pretty birds. They are a Meditteranean breed that have a smaller, longer body type which is probably why you thought it was a bantam. Sorry you can't keep him, but advertise on Craigslist and see if anyone wants him.

Back
Top Bottom