Redheadedblue

In the Brooder
Dec 24, 2021
Hello all! I’ve searched around and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about my girl, Lizzie. She was my mystery chicken from Murray McMurray (fondly called “bonus fry” by my Nieces and Nephews). I assumed Cochin as she was growing and I always thought she was a Partridge Cochin but she has the iridescent feathers like the Black Cochin. Maybe she’s a cross? Any ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 341C7F2B-2888-4A95-9D8D-04699F8AAA35.jpeg
    341C7F2B-2888-4A95-9D8D-04699F8AAA35.jpeg
    917.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 9E36AC96-8311-4545-95AC-E415E6FC8E5C.jpeg
    9E36AC96-8311-4545-95AC-E415E6FC8E5C.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 7
Hello all! I’ve searched around and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about my girl, Lizzie. She was my mystery chicken from Murray McMurray (fondly called “bonus fry” by my Nieces and Nephews). I assumed Cochin as she was growing and I always thought she was a Partridge Cochin but she has the iridescent feathers like the Black Cochin. Maybe she’s a cross? Any ideas would be appreciated!
She is a he. Large Fowl Partridge Cochin Cockerel. Normal for the males to have a lot of black especially on the chest in this color variety.

She is a he. Large Fowl Partridge Cochin Cockerel. Normal for the males to have a lot of black especially on the chest in this color variety.
Interesting 🤣. Do they take longer to develop their comb and other attributes? I thought it was a male from the wings as a chick but it didn’t develop like my other roosters. I should also mention it’s 7 months old.

Interesting. Do they take longer to develop their comb and other attributes? I thought it was a male from the wings as a chick but it didn’t develop like my other roosters. I should also mention it’s 7 months old.
Yes some Cochins take longer to develop. This bird has clear male coloring and male saddle feathers.🙂
Female partridge colored birds look very different.

Back
Top Bottom