somebody please explain these attacks :(

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. As others have said, it's all about convincing her that you are boss. In my experience aggressive hens can be corrected, but aggressive roosters can never be completely trusted. These birds are supposed to be for pleasure and relaxation. If she is providing neither, perhaps she can provide a great meal.

A while ago today I picked her up and covered her eyes for a few minutes. A few minutes after putting her down I went to walk towards her and she didnt attack me! :D but she looked like she wanted to... lets hope that did the trick :/ :)
If not ill keep following yalls advice :D
thanks again to everyone for being so helpful ^_^

ep.gif
Well, I am a newbie in the process of building the chicken coop inside a garage space under the steps of the second floor. It has a window too under there so I figured with some cheeeeeeeppp materials I can get started. Today I got 5 bifold white closet doors for 5 bucks from my friend Maralyn at the thrift shope. So, we still in the planning stages. Anyhow your problem solving skill with this bird was awesome and I am glad I came across your article as I am just starting out. I must say that I used to have a pet chicken mother allowed us to keep in the house cause the others were picking on it His name was Joseph (that used to be Grandpas name) just figured that one out. Duuuuhhh

Anyway I was too young to know where all those other chickens went while we housed them in our home in the basement. I used to have to go down and pick up the dirty newspapers for mother. (Well somebody had to do it!) Now a widow at 70 I getting itchin for chickens and gonna have a fine time making a nice home for them and a wonderful hobby for me. Thanks for the advice.

ep.gif
Well, I am a newbie in the process of building the chicken coop inside a garage space under the steps of the second floor. It has a window too under there so I figured with some cheeeeeeeppp materials I can get started. Today I got 5 bifold white closet doors for 5 bucks from my friend Maralyn at the thrift shope. So, we still in the planning stages. Anyhow your problem solving skill with this bird was awesome and I am glad I came across your article as I am just starting out. I must say that I used to have a pet chicken mother allowed us to keep in the house cause the others were picking on it His name was Joseph (that used to be Grandpas name) just figured that one out. Duuuuhhh

Anyway I was too young to know where all those other chickens went while we housed them in our home in the basement. I used to have to go down and pick up the dirty newspapers for mother. (Well somebody had to do it!) Now a widow at 70 I getting itchin for chickens and gonna have a fine time making a nice home for them and a wonderful hobby for me. Thanks for the advice.
Hi there Margolyn,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Back
Top Bottom