Somebody Stop Me, LOL!!!!!

chicks rule

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
SW MO
Went to the farm store today, oops!!!!! Bought three chicks, came home with eight. Saleslady kind of knows me and knew I would help the ones with pasty butts. Got two Salmon Favorellos, she didn't want the third to be alone so she added him in for nothing, there was a little Bantam Cochin and a Rhode Island in a pen by themselves, bought one she put the other in, then she started checking for pasty butts and started putting them in my box, a kid was helping by writing what I was getting on the box, when he asked her what to write on the ones, she just looked at him and said, they were dead, and he gave her a duh look and she gave it right back to him, lol. I got them home and cleaned their bums, sadly I lost one and another is iffy, but I will do all I can to help them make it. I think Cyn's little americana has adopted the iffy one, she is laying by this one with her head laying over it like she is protecting it, awwww. Anyway here are a couple pics,
030208008.jpg
030208006.jpg

Sadly I lost another one, the iffy one didn't make it through the night. I thought she had a better chance cause after I cleaned her bum, she had a nice big movement. Well goes to show you can't save them all. I think the two I lost may have been buff cochins, not sure.

Good for you for helping them! You don't seriously think we'll STOP you do you??
LOL <spent the morning calling local feed stores for chick arrival dates and ? whether they'll be getting ducklings too..>

lau.gif
Well you could try, but, like you all I am too far gone, I have 40 eggs in the bator most looking good, and a couple dozen hatching eggs to be sent in a week or so.

I read that raising chickens was addictive, but I had no idea. My wife suggested it last summer, and we got 11. 4 buff Orps, 2 Delaware, and 2 Silver Wyandottes. Now she's talking about wanting 4 more! The eggs are just the best ever, and I love going out to check on em. They hear me coming, and just start making so much noise. They are a lot of fun. How exactly do you stop though?

roll.png
jumpy.gif

Thank you all for the help, not!!!! I know there is no cure for this addiction, but, that's ok I could have worse addictions. The little red chick passed during the night, I tried everything for her, I had a good idea last night that she probably wouldnt be with me this morning. The rest are doing really well so we should be good to go from here. Thinking about going back and checking the farm store again, I just feel so bad for those little ones with not much hope, and if I can comfort them the least little bit I want to try, even though it breaks my heart. You all know what I am talking about!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom