Someone distract me....

WIchickMama

Free Ranging
Aug 15, 2021
Western WI
Distraction needed---I am patiently (or not so much :barnie 🐔 🥚) waiting for my 3 Brahmas and 1 SLW to start laying. One Brahma has been squatting for a little bit and all have really reddened up. 25 weeks today. I know a little early and we are starting to lose daylight (come on Amazon delivery person bring me my two LED coop lights) but I am still very patiently (sprinting every 5 min to check the nesting boxes) for my lovely ladies (no names-Maybelle, Ginger, Rebbekah, and Salem) to gift me an egg.

You know what they say about watched pots.
HAHAHAHA---point taken.

I do have timers for the lights--gonna give just 12 hrs of light just enough to keep them semi laying, maybe. I am not needing full production but would like to continue to get some during the winter as I know my Polish will likely taper off and lay less than the 3 a week I get now.

Hmmmmm...what else. I asked DH if I could get 3 more bantams before winter and a 2nd small A-frame coop...any guess on what he said.

Distraction needed---I am patiently (or not so much :barnie 🐔 🥚) waiting for my 3 Brahmas and 1 SLW to start laying. One Brahma has been squatting for a little bit and all have really reddened up. 25 weeks today. I know a little early and we are starting to lose daylight (come on Amazon delivery person bring me my two LED coop lights) but I am still very patiently (sprinting every 5 min to check the nesting boxes) for my lovely ladies (no names-Maybelle, Ginger, Rebbekah, and Salem) to gift me an egg.
Want to check out this thread? the-authentic-scavenger-hunt

I do have timers for the lights--gonna give just 12 hrs of light just enough to keep them semi laying, maybe. I am not needing full production but would like to continue to get some during the winter as I know my Polish will likely taper off and lay less than the 3 a week I get now.
It doesn't quite work like that....so many hours equals so many eggs.

Do you have older birds?
Good to let them molt before you turn the lights on.

Back
Top Bottom