The Authentic Scavenger Hunt

Thats good!!! How many are you planning to have?

My aviary can on fit...about (50?) quail??

Thats if each bird gets one square feet, but I hear a LOT of conflicting information on how much space they need.
Honestly, I can hold as many that hatch. I've got tons and tons of cages. I plan to only have about four breeding groups though.

I'll probably butcher all but four chosen males. So logically (logic? Ha! Logic gets thrown out the window when it comes to gender rates. :p) but *logically* which probably won't happen ( :rolleyes: ) I can expect to butch about 50% the hatch. So most of the cages will probably be temporary anyways. Till the boys become jerks.

Honestly, I can hold as many that hatch. I've got tons and tons of cages. I plan to only have about four breeding groups though.

I'll probably butcher all but four chosen males. So logically (logic? Ha! Logic gets thrown out the window when it comes to gender rates. :p) but *logically* which probably won't happen ( :rolleyes: ) I can expect to butch about 50% the hatch. So most of the cages will probably be temporary anyways. Till the boys become jerks.
None of my males are mean, they are all quite scaredy cats! We have 4 known males right now plus a hen who mates 🙄 2 are not yet mating, but 2 are. Planning to keep 1-2 males from our hatchings and one from another breeder, to add new blood. I, however only have one large aviary (fully predator proofed) and 2 smaller (also predator proofed) coops. Those will be breeding pens, but only temporary. My dad says he is in it for the butcher.

No one?
Okay let's make it easier! Any fowl travelling.
maybe in a box in the car or Something
1631703776804.jpeg

This is from the front seat when I brought my girls home. ❤️ Can’t see the car, sorry, but they were on my lap in this box!

Back
Top Bottom