Someone explain Bob Marshall to me

This was my favorite quote from the article:
..."Rev. Joe Ellison, vice president of the Council on Biblical Principles, said that when he was in college, he paid for girlfriends to get abortions. He said he still feels guilty about that today."
Of all the wrongness that those statements imply, all he feels guilty about is paying for the abortions? What a special guy...

This was my favorite quote from the article:
..."Rev. Joe Ellison, vice president of the Council on Biblical Principles, said that when he was in college, he paid for girlfriends to get abortions. He said he still feels guilty about that today."
Of all the wrongness that those statements imply, all he feels guilty about is paying for the abortions? What a special guy...

Yep, definately "special." He has a lot of nerve judging women like that. I could go off on a tangent about how he doesn't know how to read a Bible, treat a woman, speak to the public.... But instead, I'll just sum it up with these two very descriptive words that seem to fit his personality very well: ****** IDIOT

Yep, definately "special." He has a lot of nerve judging women like that. I could go off on a tangent about how he doesn't know how to read a Bible, treat a woman, speak to the public.... But instead, I'll just sum it up with these two very descriptive words that seem to fit his personality very well: ****** IDIOT

I wonder what God's punishing his parents for...

Fortunately God provided an avenue for forgiveness free for the asking. Politicians are very good at saying what the current crowds want to hear to get their support just as the media is very good at printing what they want you to hear. I really doubt this guy believes or cares about anything.

I have always thought the disabled were here for our learning.

Fortunately God provided an avenue for forgiveness free for the asking. Politicians are very good at saying what the current crowds want to hear to get their support just as the media is very good at printing what they want you to hear. I really doubt this guy believes or cares about anything.

So did I. Paige was brought here to us and she's a blessing. She has taught me to be gentle and kind and soft and patient. Nothing slows that girl down. She and her sister are the most precious, rambunctious, happy kids I have ever met. We are lucky to have them in our lives. They teach me something new all the time.

Quote:

Sadly, our government/political system is over-inunduated by folks who believe "forgiveness is free just for the asking". They do what they want, to whom they want, when they want, pay for it with dirty money, then they go to church on Sunday, ask for forgiveness, and call themselves Christians. And their constituents buy it hook, line, and sinker, because after all, they're "forgiven", and if the Lord can forgive them, why shouldn't we?? ....
tongue.gif

If you ask me, if you are a true Christian, you can't get involved in politics. It goes against everything Jesus taught.

This is the verse they are referring to. Not really sure how this can be misinterpretted.

Exodos 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

As for John 9:2 Jesus simply told them it was a work of nature and of sin in the world and that transmitigation practices were bunk but there are effects that reflect on your offspring as science has shown like drug and alcohol use effecting the unborn as an example and other risky behaviors that effect the unborn.

You are right but this tactic and effect is not limited to Christians it happens in to all the groups that politicians target. Free stuff for the lazy, sudsidies for the wealthy, saving the planet for the greenies amnesty for the illegals and all this in order to stay in power under our systems and ways of attaining such power.

Christians are given great liberties that are easily abused but are asked to not do so if it makes your brother stumble. The Bible does say that God appoints rulers and kings though, which really confuses me sometimes.

Quote:

Sadly, our government/political system is over-inunduated by folks who believe "forgiveness is free just for the asking". They do what they want, to whom they want, when they want, pay for it with dirty money, then they go to church on Sunday, ask for forgiveness, and call themselves Christians. And their constituents buy it hook, line, and sinker, because after all, they're "forgiven", and if the Lord can forgive them, why shouldn't we?? ....
tongue.gif

If you ask me, if you are a true Christian, you can't get involved in politics. It goes against everything Jesus taught.

Although its a common sentiment, the disabled are not here as a lesson to us 'able bodied/mental capacity folks, although we can learn from them, just like we can learn from everyone else. They are here for the same reasons we are ... whatever that is. My disabled bf is here not to teach anyone else anything, but to live his life and enjoy things, live, love and work, like the rest of us.

Although its a common sentiment, the disabled are not here as a lesson to us 'able bodied/mental capacity folks, although we can learn from them, just like we can learn from everyone else. They are here for the same reasons we are ... whatever that is. My disabled bf is here not to teach anyone else anything, but to live his life and enjoy things, live, love and work, like the rest of us.

I don't want anyone to think that I use the disabled as an educational tool. It seems that's what you're translating my comments into and that's not what I want. I mean that the ones who are in my life (there are a few) teach me to be kinder and gentler like they are. I think there are too many people in the world that are harsh and quick. We shouldn't be that way. Paige doesn't have much time to her life, it will be short. She sin't one to move quickly and live as much as she can. She just lives. She's graceful and pensive. She doesn't want to rush her life, she just wants to live like everyone else. But she has taught me as well without even realizing it. I don't think it's such a bad thing to admit that I've learned something from my disabled cousin. And if you haven't paid enough attention to also learn something from your BF then you should slow down and enjoy your life like he is. Let him teach you something. It's not a bad thing to learn something. It is a bad thing to not pay attention to a lesson that you could be learning yourself. So slow down, stop rushing, and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom