Someone help please! [MEGA FOOT PROBLEMS]

It’s definitely not a pecking at the feet problem, had them beginning of summer and pretty much spent all day every day out there (I have a lot of free time so they see me as a feeder and love some cuddles.) they do free range and that entire time I’ve seen pretty much zero pecking except for when there’s food (not grass, more like tomato’s, fresh squash ext) which is more of a pecking at the head problem.. (not often tho) they haven’t quite figured out the roost I’ve tried a few times but they’re just not there yet? so they do sit on it when they go in there throughout the day but not at night quite yet, Again it could be a pecking problem but with my flock I really just don’t see it as that, more of some sort of health problem with her.
edit: The most drama when they head into the coop is them diving under each other? Not cold out there at all doesn’t go under 68 if even)

Get a video of her walking.

Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

If you feel she's super skinny, then weigh her to get a base line weight, then weigh her once a week.
At 18wks, she's not going to be exceptionally heavy.
she’s 18 weeks Im not gonna cull my child 😭 she’s just limping… (only when she runs)

she’s 18 weeks Im not gonna cull my child 😭 she’s just limping… (only when she runs)
I don't think that the comment you replied to mentioned culling? Sorry if I'm missing something here. I don't think culling will be necessary, don't worry! Her age is right around the time when she'll start laying, but if it's autumn where you live, she may wait until spring when days get longer, or lay if you begin to add light in the coop at night.

Weigh her to see how heavy she is now. Then weigh her at the end of the week to check if she's growing and gaining weight. Not to see if she's big enough to cook, just to make sure she's getting bigger not thinner, because if she's loosing weight you will want to test her for worms. If she had an impacted crop, it could have attributed to her loosing some weight, but she should steadily gain it back up.
if the others don't let her eat, that may be the issue. Observe them around the feeder.

I mean, my sussex was super skinny and was quite active so i'm not sure she has much of a problem. can you get pictures of the poop or upload a video of her running? Nobody said she had to be culled. she's probably ok.
Yeah know it was just a little disturbing to a teen as I see them as a pet more than food, but I’ll try and get some more pictures and videos tomorrow as she’s sleeping as of current.

I don't think that the comment you replied to mentioned culling? Sorry if I'm missing something here. I don't think culling will be necessary, don't worry! Her age is right around the time when she'll start laying, but if it's autumn where you live, she may wait until spring when days get longer, or lay if you begin to add light in the coop at night.

Weigh her to see how heavy she is now. Then weigh her at the end of the week to check if she's growing and gaining weight. Not to see if she's big enough to cook, just to make sure she's getting bigger not thinner, because if she's loosing weight you will want to test her for worms. If she had an impacted crop, it could have attributed to her loosing some weight, but she should steadily gain it back up.
if the others don't let her eat, that may be the issue. Observe them around the feeder.
The whole Culling situation was just a link added but it just disturbed me I just overreacted. I’m definitely going to be weighing her probably once a day she definitely gets enough to eat and is probably my biggest eater, I have noticed she is getting heavier but definitely noting down how much she weighs will be good, I was using pumpkin to just kind of prevent worms as it was that season and I expected them all to start laying in spring though she might have worms? I was planning to test the entire flock soon anyhow just routinely as you should

yeah definitely checked her feet no thorns and it’s definitely not BF I felt her entire leg even up beyond the feathers and her foot nothing seems broken but it does look like a little bit of swelling she probably fell off something or jumped off something too high, I tried to wrap it up like a little makeshift splint and pad on the bottom of her foot but she got rid of that right away, she can still walk fine just when she runs so I’m assuming it will go away soon if not, like 1-1 1/2 weeks then I’m gonna get her to the vet, thx for the advice!
I also ordered a worm test for the whole flock, and might need to deworm them? I weighed her for the first time, coming in at…?

She is again also super skinny and has runny poop? She had impacted crop but it’s sense one away and hasn’t come back that was again around a month ago? So she’s really skinny I’m not sure why..

Had to check but she does not register on the scale so I’m gonna have to get a kitchen scale..

It sounds like a little sprain. Chickens can sprain their joints just like us, she will probably bounce back soon. She sounds like a tough little chicken 👍💪
Yeah it’s what I assumed I’m not too worried about it I was mostly worried about the look of her feet and how skinny she was, no I’m assuming it’s just her coloring..

Back
Top Bottom