Someone keeps making complaints about my chickens! (Update post #222!)

I really can't afford a lawyer at all. I wish though.
sad.png
My husband lost his job a couple of weeks ago, so we have no extra income to spend on chickens. (Good thing they pay for their own feed and bedding with eggs!)

I didn't know it was illegal to record a call without letting them know...I guess I won't share it just to be safe. But I will still record it and if she is crazy or threatening I will have the call, her phone number, the false claims to the code enforcers, the cheapcycle posts, and the emails from the person who posted on cheapcycle. I will gladly share all of that with the police so they can go talk to her! I really just want to enjoy my chickens and live in peace, you know?

Sounds like the code enforcers are acting like big frogs in a small pond. Loving their authority. I had the same kind of problem with the fire department. I burned brush pile in a mowed hay field. Big field. Where was the fire going. They went nuts about. I ignored them. Farm practices.

Oh, wow, that's horrible that this neighbor is acting so vile, I apologize, not all New Yorkers are like that, and I say that because I live in New York. If I hadn't broken my outdoor surveillance camera I would send it to you to set up and use. Well, if they do call and leave a message on your husband's cell, do not erase it. It may also be a good idea to not answer if he/she calls back and jsut play a game of phone tag so you can have everything recorded. It may be illegal to record a phone call, but it's not illegal to save the voice mails and use them for your own safety, which is what this sounds like to me.
Also, I forgot, please print out and save those posts that they made - document everything

Last edited by a moderator:
After I walked my dogs, it dawned on me - You need to print out that post and march down to the police station with all the info that person emailed you back with, the road, etc. This whole thing sounds like she is a wacko, and you really need to get the police involved. She is trying to stir things up with strangers who she is advertising for on the internet. Please, please, get the police involved and the code enforcers, You need to make sure she is not psycho

You need to call the Herald Leader, the tv, the radio and beat them to the punch on the story. I would tell the paper how both CE and HD have come to your home and yet regardless of their findings they keep being called. I would tell them all the benefits of chickens and what not and give them a copy of the ordinances. I would explain how tax payers resources are being wasted on these repeated calls but you are helpless because the agencies won't release the name of the harasser. I would make the biggest stink known to man via the paper, WKYT, WLEX or who ever - heck call Sue Wylie!!!

Then, hopefully, the agencies will be contacted on why they keep harrassing you and thus some pressure will be placed on the "annonymous" caller. Because without a court order, they won't release the name of the person. And with out the name, you can't file a harrassment suit. However, if you let the media do the leg work, you may get the name and then you can pursue them.

What I wouldn't do is personally confront anyone. If they keep lying about the birds, they will have no problem lying about being physically assualted or threatened and then a bad situation will turn ugly real quick.

Quote:
This is a very good point. And the World War 1 Flying Ace had good points, too.

Document, document, document.

Research, research, research.

And don't phone tap, like they said. Remember, ACORN is suing those two people for audio-recording them without consent, per Maryland law. Of course, this opens up ACORN to easy lawyer access and they doomed themselves, but that's beside the point. As Snoopy said, let voicemail capture your evidence.

I dont know if its been thought of yet..but, could you set up a video camera on the chickens while they are out? so the next time you get a compliant you can show the officer the tape and say "see! they never left my yard..etc.."
that way you'd have soild proof...because as it is now..its just your word aganist theirs..

Quote:
Well that's no fun.

LOL i know! But i think if she has solid video proof that this neighbor is lying...it will be better for her case...
tongue2.gif
just an idea..
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom