Someone PLEASE talk to me about electric fence and kids!!!

been shocked by a electric fence a few times. but the ones i remember the most i just brushed up against it. which hurt but wasn't bad. a few years back. i was going under one. and stood up to fast.... caught me in the middle of my back. HURT, and then it was just like the sound cut off. i dont remember hearing anything. just walking to my grandfathers swing to sit down. couldn't even stand up straight. Walked hunched over until i sat down for a few minutes.. Was soo dizzy too i almost fell on the way there. but after all of that. no problems.

-Daniel

i was going under one. and stood up to fast.... caught me in the middle of my back.

I did the same thing...omg that hurt. I just layed down in the grass...I was so embarrassed. We ran one wire around our yard and it was at a height where it was much more convenient to go under it than go over it.

What really use to irk me is when the calves would start acting stupid and touch the wire. Stupid things never backed off they just ran right through it...
barnie.gif

We have electric fence around our cow pasture. My husband has been zapped more then I can count. I haven't gotten it yet nor has the kids.

We put little orange flags on the wire, two between each pole. The kids then don't accidentally run into it. They know it is there.

The bottle calves we purchased this spring learned very quickly not top put their tongue on it. That had to hurt!

Was riding down the road once when we heard something odd. We turned down a private drive to find a young child, maybe five, had fallen off his bike into hot wire. He was tangled up bad and actually had part of the wire in his mouth . . . my mother managed to untangle him, and we rode all the way up to the drive to hand him over to the parents. The kid was pretty limp and exhausted because he'd been tangle up for quite awhile, but even with all that, he wasn't killed. Pretty traumatizing, I'm sure, but I can't imagine it causing death.

I'd just make sure it's clearly marked . . . I've been zapped many times by nondescript wire, the worst being when I had grabbed the wire with one hand and couldn't release. I can't recall how I was eventually released, but I remembered being terrified I'd be stuck there forever. The fear was much worse than the actual pain. Or maybe the pain was worse. It was fairly disorienting, to say the least, but no real damage.

Back
Top Bottom