Someone spotted my girls!

MattyBowman

Chirping
Sep 6, 2019
Victoria, BC, Canada
Today in the middle of refreshing the hay in the run, I heard the chickens squawk “what the flock!!!” and turned around to see this guy. He can’t get into the run so it’s okay, but it’s still a little unnerving.

Attachments

• 8BBB6439-D446-48D4-B1BB-2F34427797AF.jpeg
    8BBB6439-D446-48D4-B1BB-2F34427797AF.jpeg
    792.5 KB · Views: 40
First of all, you are hilarious, even in the time of worry. “What the flock?!?”:gig

I hate to see your poor chickens hidden and scared under the coop and the dang hawk staring down at them. :mad:

My question, other than wondering what kind of hawk it really is (I mean, I don’t really care, but...) is if it is really big enough to challenge a full size chicken? Or maybe that isn’t always a hawk’s intent. I dunno. :confused: For whatever reason I would have expected a hungry hawk to go for something it would succeed in capturing.

So far, my little bottle rockets have been successful in keeping these things at bay. :fl

Think that's a Coopers Hawk. They're nasty birds. I've never had anything go for my chickens as far as birds of prey- only foxes- but the Cooper loves to hunt for the marsh nesting birds, birds at the feeder, etc... they're not fun to have around and yet they act innocent. "Who me? Nah... I won't destroy anybody."

Back
Top Bottom