Someone stole some of my chicks!! (update page 2)

OMG OMG OMG!!

I just went out to feed and 3 chicks are missing. Gone, not a trace.
Their pen is intact, no sign of predators unless they can undo and re-do the latch.
Not so much as a feather out of place. I can't believe this!

barnie.gif

One pullet and 2 cockerels missing.

I really can't believe that I didn't notice earlier, but I had 4 eggs in my hands and I was just giving everone a passing check. I do all my feeding and counting while everyone is roosting for the night.

I really don't want to bring them back inside, but I am worried now!!

I set my trap just on the off chance, but due to the light being unplugged combined with the lack of bodies or signs of damage I really think the predator is human.

Last edited:
Tala,

As I was reading this thread and before I got to your last post, I was thinking maybe you could set up a camcorder or webcam to monitor outside? Then I got to your post where your chicks were missing.... I am so sorry to hear that. I'd be upset, worried and distraught too. Please keep us updated.

Quote:
I might have to invest in one of those game cameras - and lock it whatever I mount it on.

I JUST washed some eggs for "suspect neighbor" so tomorrow morning after I double-check the yard maybe I'll just take them over and mention that some of my chicks are missing -did they see anything? If it's not them, I'm at a complete loss for WHO might know, much less want them.

If they don't turn up in the daylight I'm filing a police report before I leave for work.

Honestly, I'm worried about anyone in my yard, uninvited. If they aren't invited they don't belong.

Let's not try to blow this out of proportion.

To the OP, I hate a thief. I hope that the chicks turn up, if not, I hope you find who or what did it. Rats will often take adolescent birds, but with the other signs, such as the unplugged chord, it would seem too coincidental.
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "people" no matter what race in your yard is an issue.

I would agree on the camera's!

OR Solar motion detector flood lights. When they walk over.....BANG let there be light and a big sign that says, "SMILE your on hidden video"
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom