Someone stole some of my chicks!! (update page 2)

Quote:
I took over some eggs today. Was already planning to anyway. I asked the mom just if they had noticed anything because 3 of my chicks were missing, she said she didn't even know I had chicks. The daughter said something in the background, but I'm not sure what she said and they didn't offer any further explination.

If it's the person *I think* who I saw wearing the similar shirt -- well I don't think they live next door but just visit, and they weren't there when I went over. You'd think the people who DO live there would at least know what their visitors were up to though. Chicks are kinda noisy and not like your typical pet so they'd stand out in one's memory
hu.gif

I would have been like, WHAT WAS THAT? I DIDN'T HEAR YOU? LOL Then said, oh well now we have a camera and a gun. Smiled and walked out!

Last edited:
Caught another half-wild cat. Stupid neighbors across the street feed unspayed cats (whether stray or theirs IDK).

I seriously DO NOT think that cats took all three chicks from a pretty secure pen. I would say that it's POSSIBLE for a raccoon to get at the chicks since I'm using chicken wire over the welded wire, but I just don't see a cat getting a chick out of there --- much less three in one day.

However, the fact remains that I'm missing three chicks.
It's a bad day for anything that finds itself in my trap.

I had a human predator once. They opened one of my runs and let everybody out of it. One pullet was injured. She has a bad leg now. I think somebody tried to catch her and had her by one of her legs. Fortunately, that run also houses a large Black Jersey Giant rooster that is very protective. I can just imagine him letting out his best velociraptor scream and flogging the daylights out of whoever it was. Unfortunately, the hen has never been the same. She hasn't thrived since the incident and spends a lot of time in the hospital cage. She gets better and goes out with the general population and a week or two later is down again. I'm sure that somebody opened the run because I specifically remembered checking the run door that morning to ensure it was latched. The injured pullet was a Golden Cuckoo Marans. It's interesting that the one they tried to steal was a hard to find color and breed and a very nicely put together one. I think they knew what they were looking for.

Quote:
no lol
The main suspects have always said that they loved chickens, and that they used to have chickens
and I take them eggs frequently. As far as I can tell, there is no problems with the fact that I have a few chickens.
I think it was the friend of that neighbor though, so harder for me to know much.

I had this happen a while back. Have you double-checked all your feed? My thief took about 8 four week olds (including my Polish Pullet!
hit.gif
) and a 40 pound bag of feed! I guess the upside was that at least they had feed.
hu.gif
Never found out who it was. None of my neighbors has chickens. I think it was a friend of a neighbor. Sounds like yours.
barnie.gif

Sorry this happened to you!

Shelly

Quote:
My feed is all stored inside my house, and the feeders were intact. I do worry! Since I think my chicks are alive I worry about them getting the right food!

I despise two legged varmits! One of them need to have their picture caught on camera and have it posted on line AFTER the police have been called. A little rock salt in the behind wouldn't hurt either.

I'm mad as heck! What nerve...coming onto someones property and stealing. Makes me cringe to think someone could be looking in the windows.

Back
Top Bottom