Something awesome just happened....

jessiduck

Songster
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
New York
So, I was outside with my ducks just a few minutes ago and I saw a very rare and awesome sight.
The ducks were splashing around in their baby pool and I look over to see a female mallard by waddling up the hill.
(She was waddling up from where their coop/run is, so I don't know if she landed in the run or just on the grass.)
She saw me (and the ducks) and made a call/quack noise. I'm guessing she was calling to her mate say, "HEY HUN! GUESS WHAT? THE NEIGHBORS HAVE DUCKS TOO!"
She was beautiful! Her wing color markings were almost purple!
The ducks seems a little worried, but they soon continued to splash around and have fun.
She waddled a few feet away from us and went into the next portion of the yard.
Then, we saw her fly back to the natural pond that is fenced off by the town to reserve the wildlife.
I wonder if she'll come back with her mate...I've seen them before on the front lawn, but never in the back where the ducks are.
Thought I would share this cute experience with everyone!

So, I was outside with my ducks just a few minutes ago and I saw a very rare and awesome sight.
The ducks were splashing around in their baby pool and I look over to see a female mallard by waddling up the hill.
(She was waddling up from where their coop/run is, so I don't know if she landed in the run or just on the grass.)
She saw me (and the ducks) and made a call/quack noise. I'm guessing she was calling to her mate say, "HEY HUN! GUESS WHAT? THE NEIGHBORS HAVE DUCKS TOO!"
She was beautiful! Her wing color markings were almost purple!
The ducks seems a little worried, but they soon continued to splash around and have fun.
She waddled a few feet away from us and went into the next portion of the yard.
Then, we saw her fly back to the natural pond that is fenced off by the town to reserve the wildlife.
I wonder if she'll come back with her mate...I've seen them before on the front lawn, but never in the back where the ducks are.
Thought I would share this cute experience with everyone!
I bet she heard all the laughing from your ducks having so much fun and wanted to check it out,.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom