Something changed about reactions - or is it only my problem?

Suddenly I am having trouble reacting to posts. Instead of letting me choose the various reactions it boots me immediately to a screen asking me if I want to 'confirm' like. Only like. And what a pain to have a separate confirm screen.
I have looked in my preferences in my account in case I missed something. I have also deleted the app and re-downloaded it. But now the issue has also appeared when I am on my PC on the web version.
Anything I can do to get back how it used to be?
I'm getting this alot today.

I'm getting this alot today.
I have never had the issue before but it is more often than not this afternoon and evening.

It also seems to be associated with how it handles reactions given - you know where you can see if someone loved one of your posts you can click and normally it takes you to the post they loved. Right now it isn't doing that either - it is taking me to the right page but not the specific post. That is not as much of an issue as not being able to use the reactions, but kind of annoying too!

I have never had the issue before but it is more often than not this afternoon and evening.

It also seems to be associated with how it handles reactions given - you know where you can see if someone loved one of your posts you can click and normally it takes you to the post they loved. Right now it isn't doing that either - it is taking me to the right page but not the specific post. That is not as much of an issue as not being able to use the reactions, but kind of annoying too!
It rarely happens to me, but today it's just annoying.

Liking your post.
Screenshot_20221110-222509_Chrome.jpg

It rarely happens to me, but today it's just annoying.

Liking your post.View attachment 3319099
Yes! That is exactly what I am getting. It went away for a few minutes and was back to normal, but now it is back on both app and on the web on my PC.
I have also found that if you go to 'watched threads' instead of taking you to the most recent new post on a watched thread it takes you to some other place on that thread. That is pretty annoying too!
I am giving up on BYC for the night as it is too frustrating to continue with this issue. Hoping the BYC Gods solve the problem over night!

Yes! That is exactly what I am getting. It went away for a few minutes and was back to normal, but now it is back on both app and on the web on my PC.
I have also found that if you go to 'watched threads' instead of taking you to the most recent new post on a watched thread it takes you to some other place on that thread. That is pretty annoying too!
I am giving up on BYC for the night as it is too frustrating to continue with this issue. Hoping the BYC Gods solve the problem over night!
Odd.

Yes, lets hope it gets fixed.

Computer programs that ask me to confirm what I just said/did are uber annoying. If it concerned moving lots of money out of my bank account, fair enough. But otherwise I assume it's a ruse to increase the number of clicks and I'm apt to leave without further ado.

Back
Top Bottom