1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Something For My Mom

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SweetiPie2003, Oct 20, 2007.

1. SweetiPie2003

SweetiPie2003 New Egg

Oct 20, 2007
    I am gonna try and remain anonymous. And I know my mom is on this site. I have found out that there are some great people on here and I know you all help her out. I am trying to get her something that I she really wants but I don't want to get her something useless. If anyone has any ideas or can help me out please help me!!

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

ummmm. okay.......give us some ideas of what your mom likes?does?dreams of ? that would help..............[​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chickens

Crazy4Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2007
    more chickens?

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    fertile eggs?

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You are wonderful!!!!

A complete housecleaning and dinner made by you. She does no chores, gets a clean coop and full feeders and waterers.
    She gets to lounge in an easy chair while she watches her favorite movies with her feet in a bowl of hot water and bath salts.
    If she wishes, she can wander out to the coops to feed treats and commune with her chickens.
    A glass of wine, a bubblebath and a report to us about her wonderful offspring will round out the day nicely.
    [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Boy, I wish one of my daughters would get me a complete incubator or a baby monitor for the coop or more chickens!! [​IMG]

7. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, I wonder who your mum is???
    I like silkiechicken's idea and Ozark's too, actually I think a baby monitor wouldnt go astray or a nice framed chicken print! I cant get enough of these, I even have some in the coop for the girls to look at!
    You are a lovely thoughtful daughter and your mom would be very proud!

8. ChickieDee

ChickieDee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    North Central PA
    If it were me, I like Terrielacy's idea. Clean coop, full feeders, clean house, dinner, movie, foot soak that sounds like heaven!

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:Should have chosen a different name there Jen...Peekaboo, I SEE YOU!! [​IMG]

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:some brilliant choices, I would recommend staying away from getting chicks/eggs/incubator. I do woodworking and my wife stays away from tools/wood, knowing that if she gets me something it will not be what i really need/want.

I wouldn't want you to get MUM whatever type of chicken she has(say RIR) thinking enlargeing flock, when she has secretely been thinking of switching to Silkies and getting out of RIR's. I know gift cards are not very personal, but if yo dont want to clean or pamper MUM for the day you may consider gift card. Good Luck and Happy Bithday to MUM on the big day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by