Something in my egg?

Shakeyy

Hatching
Jun 3, 2017
Okay so, I am new to these forums. Only registered to ask this question, hope that that is fine. I have no idea where else to ask this.

I made Ramen with bacon and (very) soft boiled eggs (storebought eggs) earlier today, but one of the eggs had something black at the bottom. I threw that part away (bottom part), but the top part of it was already mixed in my food.
LNkYSyw.jpg

I tought it'd be fine so I ate the food. I started googleing about this and I found out that there can be worms and stuff inside chicken eggs. Needless to say I am pretty scared at this point. I don't want to have worms gushing out from my eyes 2 months from now. I'm hoping that it's just blood inside the egg or something (not even sure if that's a thing)

Can anyone help me out? I have no idea what to do or who to ask about this.

Yo will be fine.
Don't worry.
It's just a little blood spot, it's a glitch in the egg making machine.

Blood Spots. Occasionally found on an egg yolk. These tiny spots do not indicate a fertilized egg. Instead, they are caused by the rupture of a blood vessel on the yolk surface during formation of the egg or by a similar accident in the wall of the oviduct.

Yo will be fine.
Don't worry.
It's just a little blood spot, it's a glitch in the egg making machine.

Blood Spots. Occasionally found on an egg yolk. These tiny spots do not indicate a fertilized egg. Instead, they are caused by the rupture of a blood vessel on the yolk surface during formation of the egg or by a similar accident in the wall of the oviduct.
Thanks for the quick response :) That atleast helped me to calm down. Though I'm still kinda worried even tho I probably shouldn't be. Should I go for some kind of anti worm medication just incase?

I'd hate to see someone "freak" out.
I've been in your shoes before.

I'm not too good with explaining this but let me try.

Chickens can get worms, but it is highly unlikely that a worm will get inside the egg.
If a chickens was that full of worms it would most likely die before it laid an egg with a worm in it.

You mentioned you had a store bought egg....99% of store bought eggs come from chickens that are regularly dewormed.

Okay so, I am new to these forums. Only registered to ask this question, hope that that is fine. I have no idea where else to ask this.

I made Ramen with bacon and (very) soft boiled eggs (storebought eggs) earlier today, but one of the eggs had something black at the bottom. I threw that part away (bottom part), but the top part of it was already mixed in my food.
LNkYSyw.jpg

I tought it'd be fine so I ate the food. I started googleing about this and I found out that there can be worms and stuff inside chicken eggs. Needless to say I am pretty scared at this point. I don't want to have worms gushing out from my eyes 2 months from now. I'm hoping that it's just blood inside the egg or something (not even sure if that's a thing)

Can anyone help me out? I have no idea what to do or who to ask about this.

Brown eggs are known for developing little blood spots. When I make scrambled eggs it bothers my wife and she scrapes them out.

I learned when I was a kid to break each egg into a bowl before adding it to whatever you are making. My grandparents had all grown up on farms and had had chickens. I don't do that often with store eggs but do with fresh eggs.

Back
Top Bottom