Something is very wrong here!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I have, at last count, about 4 dozen eggs in my kitchen. Two dozen are going to a new home tomorrow. That leaves me with roughly 2 dozen eggs. Big, beautiful brahma eggs. They are for sure in the kitchen.

In my bedroom I have a beautiful, wonderful Brinsea incubator that I just received as a surprise gift from a wonderful and generous friend. The bator is for sure in my bedroom. I know it's there because I gaze at it constantly. I've even carassed it.
tongue.png

What is wrong here?
hu.gif

PLUG IT IN!!!!!!!! QUICK!!!!!

I have my incubator in the spare room- and the hatcher in my bedroom. I love being woken in the middle of the night by the sound of new babies hatching.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I also got my new Brinsea yesterday and I also have 1 1/2 dozen eggs sitting on my Kitchen counter. I dont think I can wait till the 25th Dec, so today Im going to plug it all up and leave it and might put eggs in there in a few days after I get the temp I need. I dont think I could cope with 18 babies tho so 8 is going to be my 1st ever try at hatching eggs. If I get 2 out of 8 I will be happy

Below is a picture of my new Brinsea incubator that I recently purchased to have "on hand" so when spring came I could incubate just a few eggs.

I'm not really sure what happened (but I think Mahonri had something to do with it) - I was storing it near my kitchen when I came home one day to 29 eggs in it.

They must have jumped in due to being cold. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with. So it's good that you've kept yours in the bedroom. I don't know what the range is on a jumping egg but I assume you're safe.

46869_imag0039.jpg

Quote:
I keep my incubators in my bedroom for the same reason. I was woken 2 times last night to the ever so sweet sound of a new baby hatching. I have 3 out now!

@ superchemicalgirl can you please tell my hubby that those eggs do jump right in there.

Super small 5 room farmhouse - 20 degrees outside - two german shepherds and all their paraphernalia inside - two cats that are always into something inside - a husband with a rather large gun collection that doesn't particularly like chickens, but humors me.

Nuff said?
hide.gif

I want to! I definitely want to! But I don't have a death wish.
hmm.png

Nothing is wrong, Kat. You're just waiting on my Calls to start laying so you can test that new incubator out on some little fuzzies with bills and webbed feet-that's all.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom