Something pecked it's eye?

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
I have 14 3 month old babies and 1 of them looks like she has hurt her eye in some sort of way.. I will have a video on here soon but I was just wanting to know what I should do.. I just noticed it this morning cause she was kinda isolating her self.

I will have a video of it ASAP. thanks for the help.

I have terramyacin eye creme I use on the other animals,I get it at the feed store. Other than that I dont know what is safe for eyes, Maybe rinse it with saline solution if you can.

The Terramycin ophthalmic hennyannie mentioned is the best approach. Years ago a vet told me it was OK to use Neosporin Ointment in eyes, too.

I have had Neo/Poly/Dex recommended for chicken's eyes. Available through vets or on line (e.g. First State vet Supply). It's really important to use the right products in eyes.
JJ

I just had a chicken get it's eye either pecked out or so damaged by another chicken that the eye "died". I used a saline solution to wash the eye area and then used neosporin on the area around the eye that was swollen/infected and on what mess was protruding from the eye itself. I did this for 3 days and then the swelling went away and the goop was gone. He's not the one-eyed bandit and doing great again.

Hoping my recent experience helps.

Back
Top Bottom