Something to Ponder...

I had to look up what HCSB was because the contraction caught my eye-don't remember seeing that in my Psalms. I feel like there are so many versions of the Bible these days! My study Bible (in which this is numbered Psalm 118) translates this verse as:

I searched for You with my whole heart; Do not drive me away from Your commandments.

A little off topic I guess but I just think its interesting.
It is interesting. 😊 It's fun to compare.

Yes, there is so many versions. The HCSB is the version that my Bible is that I read the most. I love your version's of this verse too! Thanks so much for sharing! :hugs
I usually read NKJV and NASB the most, but I like ESV too. Only recently have I discovered the HCSB existed.

@BesideStillWaters

Psalm 23:1–6

"God, You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You restore my soul. You lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me!
:love

Which translation is this? Just curious. I have verse one memorized as "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." 😊

Hey y'all! I watched the Passion of The Christ for the first time yesterday. Has anyone else watched it? What did y'all think about it?
For me, it gave me a different view on enduring persecution. I've only been criticized over the internet, but who knows what will happen in the fast changing future. I think maybe God is preparing His children for harder times. As @Lacy Duckwing graciously posted a week ago, I think we should all start praying more for the persecuted. 😊
I haven't seen that one.

Wow, I am genuinely shocked about how many haven't seen The Passion. It's a must see, at least once.
I know that I can't. I can barely read about the crucifixion in the gospels, it's too intense for me. Blame my bipolar. It's enough for me to know that He suffered and died for me, without watching a graphic depiction of it.

Back
Top Bottom