Something to Ponder...

Pics
It’s not a verse, but here’s a quote I enjoyed. “God made you one purpose, for a purpose” -Bill Hybels

I struggle with anxiety, depression, and some mental disorders, and I sometimes think that the world would be better without me, but luckily God and my amazing family help me through my issues.

I do my best to remember that He loves me and cares about me, and doesn’t want me to have these thoughts.

It’s not a verse, but here’s a quote I enjoyed. “God made you one purpose, for a purpose” -Bill Hybels

I struggle with anxiety, depression, and some mental disorders, and I sometimes think that the world would be better without me, but luckily God and my amazing family help me through my issues.

I do my best to remember that He loves me and cares about me, and doesn’t want me to have these thoughts.
I'm glad you have a supportive family who can help you. The devil would like nothing more to convince people the world is better off without them so that they commit suicide. He has tricked many people into doing this. It's definitely not a thought from our Creator. 🤗

I had to look up what HCSB was because the contraction caught my eye-don't remember seeing that in my Psalms. I feel like there are so many versions of the Bible these days! My study Bible (in which this is numbered Psalm 118) translates this verse as:

I searched for You with my whole heart; Do not drive me away from Your commandments.

A little off topic I guess but I just think its interesting.
Yes, there is so many versions. The HCSB is the version that my Bible is that I read the most. I love your version's of this verse too! Thanks so much for sharing! :hugs

sorry but I have a shitty family that has raised me telling me that I'm a worthless piece of shit and will be nothing in this world
This sounds a little like how my Mom grew up, and her life and family. But nobody is worthless! God helped my Mom overcome these things, plus some bad addictions. Now she's a Mom of eight kids, that's including me, and so much more. Just last year she helped someone who nobody knew till last year get elected, and is looking to help flip our State politically for the better. Earlier this year, she helped put on the biggest, most successful advents in my area for my neighborhood. She may have been called the same thing that you have been called, but God has helped her to see that she isn't that.
You're worth more than you'll ever know! Don't EVER let anyone lie to you saying that you're not! God loves you, and He sees the wonderful potential of success that you have! Just be you, and please let God live through you! ♥️ ♥️:hugs:hugs

This sounds a little like how my Mom grew up, and her life and family. But nobody is worthless! God helped my Mom overcome these things, plus some bad addictions. Now she's a Mom of eight kids, that's including me, and so much more. Just last year she helped someone who nobody knew till last year get elected, and is looking to help flip our State politically for the better. Earlier this year, she helped put on the biggest, most successful advents in my area for my neighborhood. She may have been called the same thing that you have been called, but God has helped her to see that she isn't that.
You're worth more than you'll ever know! Don't EVER let anyone lie to you saying that you're not! God loves you, and He sees the wonderful potential of success that you have! Just be you, and please let God live through you! ♥️ ♥️:hugs:hugs
I'm sorry but that is a LOT of children... I don't like kids lol

thanks, I try to see the good in life, even though it's incredibly difficult.

sorry but I have a shitty family that has raised me telling me that I'm a worthless piece of shit and will be nothing in this world
That's really sad. They were wrong.

thank you, but I have my own, if extremely unhealthy coping mechanisms
I used to as well. I wouldn't consider my family bad or anything, I was overly sheltered to the point I wondered if they were protecting the world from me instead of protecting me from the world. I was so isolated I thought I had to be the reason. And those coping mechanisms didn't work long term. Realizing that "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14) made me realize, God doesn't think I'm worthless. And this applies to you too. 😊

eh it's fine, I'm used to it, my outlook on life isn't very good and I'm frequently very depressed and or suicidal but at the same time I'm just numb to everything at this point
"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:17-20 ESV)

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10 ESV)

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11 ESV)

I find some comfort in these. And to be fair, I'm still discovering and figuring things out myself. I don't know how to "fear not" yet, and still deal with anxiety, but at least I have hope that it's possible, and that God hears prayers.

Agree with Isadora, think about that if a Creator is real, he took time and thought in making you. He knew you, and knows you probably more than you know yourself. :)
God took me out of depression when I got saved, and through His spirit He has given me a great peace in my soul. <3
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5 ESV)
I think He knows us really well. ❤️ If He knew Jeremiah this well before even creating him, He probably knows each human this well.

So glad that God took you out of depression! ❤️

I had to look up what HCSB was because the contraction caught my eye-don't remember seeing that in my Psalms. I feel like there are so many versions of the Bible these days! My study Bible (in which this is numbered Psalm 118) translates this verse as:

I searched for You with my whole heart; Do not drive me away from Your commandments.

A little off topic I guess but I just think its interesting.
It is interesting. 😊 It's fun to compare.

Yes, there is so many versions. The HCSB is the version that my Bible is that I read the most. I love your version's of this verse too! Thanks so much for sharing! :hugs
I usually read NKJV and NASB the most, but I like ESV too. Only recently have I discovered the HCSB existed.

Back
Top Bottom