• Coyotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weasel

• Bear

• Some other type of predatory bird

• Other (Please specify what in the thread)

• Total voters
Thanks Silkie! He is such a good boy. It obviously hurts when I clean his wounds, but he sits there and lets me do it. His daddy is a 1/2 Polish, 1/4 Cochin and 1/4 Silkie. His mom is Silkie/Cochin/? I'm starting the think buttercup...
His dad is a very mean little rooster, but Quazer is absolutely the best chicken ever. It is so sad to see him limping around
hit.gif
I was glad when he finally went to sleep, hopefully he'll feel better in the morning.

Last edited:
He seems to be feeling better this morning. He is clucking quietly. He's too young to crow yet, but he's talking. I reapplied the ointment, and since it had dried a bit over night I could tell that with one of the punctures it's like a claw went in, and instead of coming cleanly out, it slid, making a cut.
The other three boys are fine this morning. It's raining, so instead of roosting in the trees like usual they went to their dog house. That may have helped.
I will get some pics of Quazar (the victim)'s wounds today.
What should I watch for for infection?
His poo's a little runny, but he's probably stressed. I would be too after what happened to him!
He's sitting in my lap clucking quietly right now.

Yay! I'm not at home right now, but before I left I gave him an old stuffed animal to snuggle. He was talking to it and cuddling it when we left :-D

He is looking a little greenish yellowish around the worst wound...is this just bruising, or is this bad? I'll try and get a pic, it really seems to irritate him when I go to pull the feathers back around it.

Back
Top Bottom