Something very strange in the nesting box

Did the insides look like this by chance?
1619401388246.png

If it did, then it's a lash egg. In that cause it is caused by an infection, and actions will need to be taken immediately. Hopefully thats not what it is!

This just looks like a weird shaped egg, not lash egg material. It has a shell, correct? There are a number of odd eggs that are sometimes seen. Some are normal looking with a tail on the end, some can be mini eggs with or without a yolk, and others. It could be just a blip in the egg laying cycle, or it could be a sign of a problem withing the oviduct.

This just looks like a weird shaped egg, not lash egg material. It has a shell, correct? There are a number of odd eggs that are sometimes seen. Some are normal looking with a tail on the end, some can be mini eggs with or without a yolk, and others. It could be just a blip in the egg laying cycle, or it could be a sign of a problem withing the oviduct.
Thanks @Eggcessive!
I couldn't tell if it had a shell or not, if it has a shell then I agree. For some reason it didn't look like it had a shell to me, but looking again, it may. If it has a shell its much less worrisome.

Did the insides look like this by chance?
View attachment 2635453
If it did, then it's a lash egg. In that cause it is caused by an infection, and actions will need to be taken immediately. Hopefully thats not what it is!
Nope, it cracked right open like a normal egg. No yolk since it's so small, just looked and felt like egg white

Yes it had a shell

Back
Top Bottom