Something very strange in the nesting box

This just looks like a weird shaped egg, not lash egg material. It has a shell, correct? There are a number of odd eggs that are sometimes seen. Some are normal looking with a tail on the end, some can be mini eggs with or without a yolk, and others. It could be just a blip in the egg laying cycle, or it could be a sign of a problem withing the oviduct.
Looked at it closer and it looks totally normal just misshapen! I'll see if she lays anything in the next few days and keep y'all updated :)

Wow! I just looked at there Eglo coops, those look awesome! I'm never gonna be able to get one, but they are pretty neat.
Haha my mom says they're space age! They do kinda look like rocket ships. We had enough research to do when we first got the chickens without having to worry about plans for a whole coop and run so it was great to have everything we needed and the instructions right there! did take a few days to put together😅

I'll go do that now. I live in a city, so I'm not really sure but if a bird vet would take a chicken I'll look into it. She's definitely not skinny. I feed a layer feed from tractor supply to all my girls mixed with grit and oyster shells (I know you aren't supposed to mix in the oyster shells but my mom mixed them into all the food before I could say anything)
I didn't know you couldn't mix in oyster shells with the other grains..? Hmm... can someone explain please and thx :)

I didn't know you couldn't mix in oyster shells with the other grains..? Hmm... can someone explain please and thx :)
So, OS contains calcium. If you put it on the side, the hens will lonely eat as much OS as they need. If you mix it in, they wont be paying attention to how much they need, and will just be eating. That will cause them to overeat the OS, resulting in issues caused by to much calcium.

Back
Top Bottom