something weird on my roosters head.

Thank you all for your advice and concern. It was worse than it first looked.
I think it was actually a predator attack based on the injuries.
so I made the difficult decision to cull. It seemed the most humane.
Poor guy. That was probably the only thing you could do. You were brave and made the right decision. Your rooster was very lucky to have you. He is now in chicken heaven along with all of his other chicken friends. You gave him his best life and I’m sure he was very happy till the end. It’s better to end his suffering than have him die miserably. So you helped him very much.😔

Unfortunately he didn’t make it. When I was cleaning him up I realized it was worse inside, in his sinuses and in his wound.
I decided the most humane thing was to cull. Never an easy choice. Having gotten a much closer look post-mortem though it makes me think it wasn’t just roosters fighting. The wounds make me think a predator got in the run. Another Roo had some injuries that didn’t make sense. On his leg and wing. So not an easy day. Thanks for your concern.
I'm so sorry you lost him. You did everything you could for him and I'm sure he knew he was loved in his last moments.

Don't blame yourself or beat yourself up. Flystrike comes on quick, especially right after a predator attack. Hope your other roo heals up and things get better for you. ❤️

Thank you. I always second guess my choices
“ what could I have done differently?”
I’m this case I should have been more diligent about his environment. I should have brought him into the house.
thank you for your kind words.
Don't beat yourself up, you couldn't have made a better choice if you didn't know what could happen. Had you know you would have done that for him. You did everything right, you will only learn. I'm so sorry you had to learn the hard way, I've had to so many times. Try not to feel to guilty, you did everything your power to save him, and absolutely made the right decision in the end. :hugs
Poor guy. That was probably the only thing you could do. You were brave and made the right decision. Your rooster was very lucky to have you. He is now in chicken heaven along with all of his other chicken friends. You gave him his best life and I’m sure he was very happy till the end. It’s better to end his suffering than have him die miserably. So you helped him very much.😔
Well said, my thoughts exactly.

I'm so sorry you lost him. You did everything you could for him and I'm sure he knew he was loved in his last moments.

Don't blame yourself or beat yourself up. Flystrike comes on quick, especially right after a predator attack. Hope your other roo heals up and things get better for you. ❤️
Thank you.

Don't beat yourself up, you couldn't have made a better choice if you didn't know what could happen. Had you know you would have done that for him. You did everything right, you will only learn. I'm so sorry you had to learn the hard way, I've had to so many times. Try not to feel to guilty, you did everything your power to save him, and absolutely made the right decision in the end. :hugs

Well said, my thoughts exactly.
Thanks. You’re right, a lesson learned. But a difficult one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom