something wrong with 1 month old chick, it is behaving like something stuck in it's throat! Need help

It is like weaker than normal (slower), sleepiness, but on and off stretching its throat like something stuck in it's throat.
It won't eat, while standing, it is like wanted to fall down but pull itself straight again..
When i fed it water , it drink and stretch the throat again as if stuck with fish bone

I just forced a small clump of cooked rice (in hope that it will in clog whatever stuck in it's throat) and drip water into it's mouth, it behaved as if it is dying out of breath: stretching it throat, no sound and head is like hanging down ... scared me.. a few second later, it behave back to like before fed with clump of rice.

How far should i look down the throat ? it is 1 month old. it is making "bii bii , bi bii' sound still..

I just checked again, i can felt some thing inside, no idea what is it.. may be the rice or minced garlic that i have forced down just now..
Please post a video of the chick's actions. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

If the chick is having difficulty swallowing, then don't force food or fluids down the chick. If she's needs hydration, then give her drops of water and allow her to swallow on her own.

Do look inside the beak to see if there's an obstruction. You are there seeing the chick and it's actions, you are going to have to try to help figure this out.

Also - where are you located in the world?
Do you have a parent, friend or relative that can help you with this chick?

Please post a video of the chick's actions. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

If the chick is having difficulty swallowing, then don't force food or fluids down the chick. If she's needs hydration, then give her drops of water and allow her to swallow on her own.

Do look inside the beak to see if there's an obstruction. You are there seeing the chick and it's actions, you are going to have to try to help figure this out.

Also - where are you located in the world?
Do you have a parent, friend or relative that can help you with this chick?
What can parent , friend or relative do that i can't ?
:idunno

Where are you located in the world?

If I had a chick that was acting like that, I would treat for Coccidiosis.
Depending on where you live, you may need to ask your vet for meds. Look for Amprol/Amprolium, Coxoid, Toltrazuril or Sulfa Antibiotics.

Where are you located in the world?

If I had a chick that was acting like that, I would treat for Coccidiosis.
Depending on where you live, you may need to ask your vet for meds. Look for Amprol/Amprolium, Coxoid, Toltrazuril or Sulfa Antibiotics.
I am in Germany. Are you saying it has contacted with disease ? not clog or sort of thing ?

Back
Top Bottom