Something you wish had been invented in chicken keeping.

Pics
It's a good system that works for us

That's the key thing.

After 31 years of marriage my DH and I know whose job is what.

I probably *could* change the propane tank on the grill if I had no choice, but those tanks are just a bit out of my weight range so he changes them and is teaching the almost 15yo DS#3, who is taller than his father already.

He *could* patch dings in the plaster but he's not got the patience for fiddly work so just like I have heavy chores done by telling him they're needed he gets fiddly stuff done by telling me it's needed. :)

That's the key thing.

After 31 years of marriage my DH and I know whose job is what.

I probably *could* change the propane tank on the grill if I had no choice, but those tanks are just a bit out of my weight range so he changes them and is teaching the almost 15yo DS#3, who is taller than his father already.

He *could* patch dings in the plaster but he's not got the patience for fiddly work so just like I have heavy chores done by telling him they're needed he gets fiddly stuff done by telling me it's needed. :)
Exactly. There is no "womens work" or "mens work"...theres only hard work. I may not be able to construct a coop on my own but I can paint and decorate it. I will say though that I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up on all "poop patrol" duties: picking up dog and cat poop and cleaning the coop 🤔

Exactly. There is no "womens work" or "mens work"...theres only hard work. I may not be able to construct a coop on my own but I can paint and decorate it. I will say though that I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up on all "poop patrol" duties: picking up dog and cat poop and cleaning the coop 🤔

I was talking to the head butcher at the grocery store the other day and told him that I'd considered applying to his department last year when I was job hunting. I'd thought it would be interesting work, but the lift requirements were out of my range of capability.

I have a hard time lifting a full 50 lb bag of feed and pouring it. If it was just me I'd have to buy the smaller feed bags.

Same here. Dog food I can lift but 40-50 lb chicken feed bags are a real struggle for me. At least feed store employees will always put it in your trunk if asked, but I literally cannot get out out of the trunk. Last time I tried hubby scolded me haha. I threw out my back at 21 so it's just a chronic annoyance at this point.

But I built the roosts and nest boxes for the coop at least. Did some tree trimming yesterday (8-10' branches) around the run too (yay chainsaws and ladders!) So not totally incapable, just can't lift things.

Same here. Dog food I can lift but 40-50 lb chicken feed bags are a real struggle for me. At least feed store employees will always put it in your trunk if asked, but I literally cannot get out out of the trunk. Last time I tried hubby scolded me haha. I threw out my back at 21 so it's just a chronic annoyance at this point.

But I built the roosts and nest boxes for the coop at least. Did some tree trimming yesterday (8-10' branches) around the run too (yay chainsaws and ladders!) So not totally incapable, just can't lift things.
I can lift it, I just have a hard time with it. I can't carry it for very long. Today I walked the full bag outside to him and threw it down when it was too much. Pouring it I usually make a mess because it's so cumbersome. It's nice to be able to pass the work to someone more capable if I can

Back
Top Bottom