Sometimes... on a quiet morning...

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
I live in a REALLY noisy neighborhood, everything from the usual barking dogs and screaming kids to traffic, trains, helicopters, small airplanes, sirens, all kinds of stuff. It's an old neighborhood, so add a healthy population of crickets, cicadas, squirrels, fighting coons, stray cats, all that.

But sometimes, if you get up early enough, everything is quiet, peaceful. A lull in the noise that reminds you constantly where you are. But then you hear it, just once, a really loud, obnoxious...

QUACK

I swear, nominated spokesduck waits until she knows she will be heard.
lol.png
That one solitary quack.

hehehehe...well said. I don't mind the quacking, though. Actually, I get a kick out of it. Especially when they do that laughing quack..?.. know which one I mean?

*QUACK!**Quack!**Quack**quack**quackquackquack*.....

We live in a small town and its usually really noisy with traffic and etc. but if you get up around 5-5:30 you can hear that one special duck that likes to break the silence!

(When I say Special, I mean Noisy!)
tongue.png

Quote:
I LOVE this...and everytime my kids are here when my mallard female does this, I tell them I wish I had heard the joke, because it sounds like she is laughing. I LOVE it! She is one of my favorites.

I also love to hear just the one loud QUACK! I always wonder, "What the....."

Back
Top Bottom