Songs We Like

Pics
Their powerful voices remind me of Gospel Singers.
Yes, the song is a bit gospel-y too. Do you know who co-wrote it? That fellow who conducted the band on David letterman, paul schaeffer or whatever his name is (can't be bothered looking it up).
They are using the Immigrant Song on the trailer for the new Thor movie that's coming soon. It's quite apt: "come from a land of ice and snow" :D

Don't listen to much music lately but been checking out a local kids song's, see how good he is. 10, now 11yrs old.
Keep seeing a buddy of mine I went to school with post stuff on FB, but I don't pay attention to FB much. Been on the local news and playing all over locally.
Found he has a YouTube channel, this is a original he wrote, little boy in the beginning and little girl towards the end is my buddies kids.
He played with Jake Worthington from team Blake on 'The Voice' at our local fair, wish I had went that day,

Last edited:
:rolleyes::hmm:eek::cool::celebrate:ya
Think I'll probably just sit back and listen to some of these vids tonight. My musical influence is wide, grew up with, well parents listened to all the greats, hard to list, think anything and everything for the '60-'80s , 'hippie music' country, rock, to my era 80s-90s was into heavy metal and even goth, rap and dance, techno, was in band in school love classical and big band, swing, old blues...anything and everything is good by me Lol! :lau
Lately I can't think of a favorite but 15 or so yrs ago I was surrounded by musicians playing bluegrass..., I'd say if you can enjoy real acoustic bluegrass you'll pretty much listen to anything, it holds no complete style but just brings them all together.
If I had to pick a favorite today it'd have to be Hank Williams III. He goes from classic country to country hellbilly, to severe metal.
Love this guy also, Grant Rogers, local legend here, for the old folks that remember him, my grandad plays guitar on one of his records while Grant plays the fiddle, they both went to Nashville once. They played a lot up here with Pete Seger and Norman Struder. Both grandpa and great-grandpa played with the old legend Pete Seger. Grant was a old bluestone quarryman, hard on the fingers, If I was still into it I'd be 7th generation quarryman (govt hates the self employed though) and my kids would be 8th generation.
Wish I gave 2cents when I was a little bitty kid, great-grandpa still played his fiddle outside in a lawn chair into his 90s, I was a young teen and uninterested last I remember hearing it.

Last edited:
@Farmer Connie
I'm just wondering,,,,,,,, and I have not checked the weather channel for Florida. Is it raining cats and dogzzz and other creatures, but mostly water, keeping you in the house. Not being able to work garden and tend to livestock, are you just chillin and enjoying all the FANTASTIC TUNES on this thread??????? :lau:oops:
I live outside during the day hours.. the barn is huge and dry.. and wifi..hehe. i have my tablet with me and check in more than I should but I want to, not have to. I do enjoy the company and the music.. so yes.
I'm not made of sugar and rain don't keep me away from chores. Lightning is another story.. That's the only thing that chases me into the house!

Name some back to back tunes the radio use to play.
The ones on albums that ram together or should I say merge together. Radio seldom does that anymore..
Here is an example without giving to much away..
Back in the day, radio would always play Zep HEART BREAKER & then LIVING LOVING MAID.. every time.. now a days they won't do it.
What other bands have had merging back to back tunes?
:caf

The ones on albums that ram together or should I say merge together. Radio seldom does that anymore..
Back in the day, radio would always play Zep HEART BREAKER & then LIVING LOVING MAID.. every time.. now a days they won't do it.
Here is another merge set that radio would always play together..
There are plenty more

Here is another merge set that radio would always play together..
There are plenty more

Back
Top Bottom