Sonja's Violeta

Superpeacockman,,I personally seen a Sonja Violettas b/s males train from a distance of maybe 1 foot away,and it is indeed very,very dark.It was cloudy and rainy that day and it indeed looked black because of lack of sunlight but if your doubting this color and thus making crazy statements about it,you are very,very wrong. I wanted to take a picture of it but was told pics were not allowed because of a past incident where someone took,and then posted a picture online and was not authorized to do so. I have seen this color personally, possibly 25 of them,hens and males both in several seperate pens.If in doubt all you need to do is hitch up your buggy and make a drive just slightly north of Kansas City Mo,or go to George Conners place east of Springfield Mo,which would be about 3 hrs closer drive for you. This color is very skiddish,aloof,kinda like green peafowl. And some peafowl retreats when they see a camera coming.Pictures aren't always easy to get,plain and simple.If your still doubting they exist then your calling many people liars who owns them already. Now wheres your giant pygmy??

I will not underestimate anyone's new colors!
When I first started looking at the peas last year I saw the India Blues and know they are lovely. I was shown a purple and thought..."yeah, right!" but then saw the difference in the better lighting and the way the sun casts the colors in a different light (no pun intended). The purple truly is different than the IB but it took me a long while to actually see the difference.

Now, I have never seen these other awesome colors in real life but it would be cool for me to be able to see them in person and especially see a Violeta next to a Midnight. I would love to see the sun hitting all these miraculous colors.

Man, I so want to make a road trip to all the peafowl farms!!

Why is everyone so stingy with the photos? Can you post one of a Violeta that looks different from an India Blue.

As fbc notes (and anyone who tries to take pictures of peas knows) some colors are just difficult to capture in photos.
Small changes in light can make such a big difference in the photographic results.
Since you seem so very concerned about Violettas, you'll just have to go see one in person, won'tcha?
big_smile.png

On the other hand, white with "green eyes" should be quite easy to capture in a photo...

Why is everyone so stingy with the photos? Can you post one of a Violeta that looks different from an India Blue.
I guess some folks don't take many photos, I do but look at you .. you said you been rasen peas for 40 years yet you have very few photos on your facebook and I haven't seen ya post many here in the past and your birds are very pretty.

Yep, I am the one who ask for people to email me for a photo of my green eyed white because Copper Mouth did not like the one I posted. He seems to be the only one who did not like it because no one else has ask for a photo by email. Everyone else seems satisfied with the photo I posted.

Back
Top Bottom