SOO DISCUSTING!

I can tell you a horror story about roaches.

Long ago I worked in a veterinary clinic located in a very old building. The roaches had bred there so long that quite a few albinos lived among them. I was usually the first one to arrive in the morning so I was the one to herd the roaches out of the reception area.

Nothing more horrifying than to turn on the light to a zillion roaches on the floor. Even more worrisome is when they don't run. Instead they turn to face you while the big ones run behind you.

I called the Bug Pro and the war started. Don't know who won, I didn't work very long at that clinic.
UCK GROSS!! Yeah the ones here get on their back legs and chase you

They are pretty big. Here is a better size reference shot. They rub their legs against their body and it makes a hissing noise that will wake you up in the middle of the night. I try to catch them because my chickens go CRAZY for them. They will also dig them up in the yard.

WAAA That's so gross!!!

Quote:
You might try sprinkling some boric acid where he will have to crawl over it. Some years ago the University of California at Riverside was doing some research on non toxic compounds to kill insects. They found that boric acid was lethal to roaches. Put it where they travel, like beside base boards and such.

Max Force has an amazing product just for such. It comes in a tube sorta like a horse wormer tube looks. It has good instructions to follow. you put little dabs of it out in inconspicuous places such as behind picture frames, in the backs of cabinets, closets, nooks and crannies ect.. and best of all it works too, I know from past experience which I'd rather not go into all the details of
sickbyc.gif
. It used to be only the pest control agents could get it and I had a good resources then, but it is readily availible to the public now.

Jeff

I have an enclosed trailer that I keep my Moderns in in the winter and the free range girls roost in it. I usually put down some Seven dust under the shavings, but I hadn't done it in awhile. I went out one night and turned on the light. There were hundreds of roaches running everywhere! The next day I cleaned it out thoroughly and put down Seven under clean shavings. After dark, I had to go back out and check to see if it was working. When I opened the door, large roaches were falling off the ceiling and scuttling around, dying. Talk about being creeped out! I got out of there as quick as possible.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I had bugs on me. When I got back in the house, I was standing by the fridge. A magnet fell off for some reason, making that same splat noise the roaches were making. I actually jumped and screamed! I think I had a mild case of post traumatic stress. For days I saw roaches everywhere out of the corner of my eye.
roll.png

I have an enclosed trailer that I keep my Moderns in in the winter and the free range girls roost in it. I usually put down some Seven dust under the shavings, but I hadn't done it in awhile. I went out one night and turned on the light. There were hundreds of roaches running everywhere! The next day I cleaned it out thoroughly and put down Seven under clean shavings. After dark, I had to go back out and check to see if it was working. When I opened the door, large roaches were falling off the ceiling and scuttling around, dying. Talk about being creeped out! I got out of there as quick as possible.

I couldn't shake the feeling that I had bugs on me. When I got back in the house, I was standing by the fridge. A magnet fell off for some reason, making that same splat noise the roaches were making. I actually jumped and screamed! I think I had a mild case of post traumatic stress. For days I saw roaches everywhere out of the corner of my eye.
roll.png
WHOA!! eeeek. Well, at least you know the DE works. I kind of feel like I have bugs on me just reading this.

roll.png
That's me and ALLL I have to do is see 1 roach!!! That is a NIGHTMARE!!

Food grade DE is safe and works great on roaches and other bugs with exoskeletons. It is natural and it's affects are physical (pulls moisture out of things) not chemical or toxic so you and your dog and your baby and your chickens can all eat it without getting sick. It is a powder so its a bit messy for house use.

The roach hotels and baits are all toxic. My dog ate one once and got very sick. It didn't kill her but it wasn't good. So, be careful with your placement of those and keep them out of reach.

Back
Top Bottom