Sooo...I go to the feed store and............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by geepy, May 4, 2011.

1. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    I come home with six fuzzy butts. Three light brahmas and three silver sebrights. I needed more chicks like I need a hole in the head. [​IMG]
    Hubby said "not again", but he's just as hooked as me. What an awesome guy! [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

I'm headed to the feed store this afternoon to buy one of my broodies chicks to replace her failed hatch.

I could have been sneaky about it and not told DH. He doesn't have a clue how many chicks I have running around (and I prefer it thataway), but I told him my plan and he's okay with it. Errr, well at least he didn't say no.

3. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Funny thing was I want there to get bran for my meal worms. I love to watch the crazyness when I throw them to the girls. (better then anything on the tube). [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Ummm geepy, you forgot something......PICS [​IMG]

5. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    tell me about it I just came from the feed store and they had some babies but I didn't get any...as soon as I got home it bothered me so I told my mother on facebook ive gotta have one lol even though I already have 8 [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well my one broody is now the mama of the chick she hatched, a trahma and 3 baby polish. My other broody, due to hatch tonight/in the morning (but only one egg is viable) is now the proud mama of (what I think are) 5 black jersey giants.

DH asked me on the phone how many I got total, well dear...ummm..well...errrr....you see...... [​IMG]

7. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Just dont tell him how much you spent and you'll be fine lol

8. Quote:I have 12...and I am waiting for my hen to go broody. I think she has 1 or 2 fertile eggs...

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Congrats on you babies. At least y'all dont work at a feed store. I brought 2 brown leghorns and 2 DelawareXhamps home. 3 weeks ago brought 4 golden sebrights and my neighbor gave me a little black bantam I have no idea what she is and my broody has 7 babies. I also have out in one of the coops 2 EE's 2 white rocks 1 welsummer 2 buff bantam cochins 1 silver penciled cochins 2 silkies and 1 SLW that are about 6 weeks old. Did I mention I want some austra whites and JG's that are coming in in a week? [​IMG]

10. Quote:Wow...That's alot of chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by