Sooo...I go to the feed store and............

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by geepy, May 4, 2011.

1. geepy

geepy Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    I come home with six fuzzy butts. Three light brahmas and three silver sebrights. I needed more chicks like I need a hole in the head. [​IMG]
    Hubby said "not again", but he's just as hooked as me. What an awesome guy! [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

I'm headed to the feed store this afternoon to buy one of my broodies chicks to replace her failed hatch.

I could have been sneaky about it and not told DH. He doesn't have a clue how many chicks I have running around (and I prefer it thataway), but I told him my plan and he's okay with it. Errr, well at least he didn't say no.

3. geepy

geepy Songster

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Funny thing was I want there to get bran for my meal worms. I love to watch the crazyness when I throw them to the girls. (better then anything on the tube). [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Songster

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Ummm geepy, you forgot something......PICS [​IMG]

5. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Songster

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    tell me about it I just came from the feed store and they had some babies but I didn't get any...as soon as I got home it bothered me so I told my mother on facebook ive gotta have one lol even though I already have 8 [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Well my one broody is now the mama of the chick she hatched, a trahma and 3 baby polish. My other broody, due to hatch tonight/in the morning (but only one egg is viable) is now the proud mama of (what I think are) 5 black jersey giants.

DH asked me on the phone how many I got total, well dear...ummm..well...errrr....you see...... [​IMG]

7. thekid

thekid Songster

Quote:Just dont tell him how much you spent and you'll be fine lol

8. Quote:I have 12...and I am waiting for my hen to go broody. I think she has 1 or 2 fertile eggs...

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Songster

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Congrats on you babies. At least y'all dont work at a feed store. I brought 2 brown leghorns and 2 DelawareXhamps home. 3 weeks ago brought 4 golden sebrights and my neighbor gave me a little black bantam I have no idea what she is and my broody has 7 babies. I also have out in one of the coops 2 EE's 2 white rocks 1 welsummer 2 buff bantam cochins 1 silver penciled cochins 2 silkies and 1 SLW that are about 6 weeks old. Did I mention I want some austra whites and JG's that are coming in in a week? [​IMG]

10. Quote:Wow...That's alot of chicks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by