Sooo is she a blue or lavender Muscovy??? PIC heavy

keeperofthehearth

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
podunk... I mean Wabash, IN
Here are two of my newest Scovy girls fm early springs hatch.
big_smile.png

What would you call the lighter girls color? That brown shading is throwing me off & I'm wondering if that will molt out fm her juvenile feathering.

4725_p1110800.jpg

4725_p1110815.jpg

4725_p1110816.jpg

4725_p1110819.jpg

And here's my pretty little chocolate pied! She's a onery one!
lol.png

4725_p1110818.jpg

4725_p1110889.jpg

How old are your birds? I have posted two times in the last week trying to get an age on my new scovies and no one replies
smile.png
I am also trying to figure out one that is that same light blue silvery color
smile.png
Only mine looks to be pied.

She looks like a beautiful Silver
love.gif
The tan-ish color will most likely go away after her juvenile molt. all of my silver's start out yellow/beige-colored.

Your Chocolate Pied looks Black in the pictures, maybe it's just the light?

i have a silver drake moulting out at the moment around 16 weeks old. he has the brown colour too(nearly gone now), i have read that this happens from the barring gene and possibly because he carries bronze as well.

silverbarredcompressed.jpg

Ahhhh, silver!
thumbsup.gif
TKS Bleenie! I was hoping for a silver but didn't want my hopes to get to high.
lol.png
It is the lighting that makes that first pic of my chocolate pied look black. She is def. a rich chocolate just not a light one. I'll see if I have any other pic's of her.

Hi Hoss! I typically don't sell hatching eggs since I really don't want to ship BUT if you are willing to come down for them .... or a few ducklings
wink.png
I can let you know when I have some avail. I've got two hatches due this month then prob. will quit for the year so will have plenty of Scovy egg after that.

ian, thanks for the info. I was wondering why she looked a bit barred right now but with that light color it was difficult to determine. I thought her mom was a favorite black barred, (Charlotte pic'd in my avatar) I had that I lost to a predator earlier this month.
sad.png
The barring gene seems to do all kinds of interesting things to Scovy color patterns.

Back
Top Bottom