SOOOO mad at our school district....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitehouse Quail

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Michigan
Our school district has its good points, like the special-ed program and other nice things.

However! We are a small hick-school, so the kids don't get very good educations.... some teachers are AWESOME! But some are just duds. The counselor isn't worth her weight in salt, the co-principles don't do anything but bend to the teachers.

Like this past year. The band has 0 funding. Like, the fundraisers keep it afloat. However, we can afford new basketball jersies EVERY year. Not the cheap ones, but the ones that cost at least $3000 to outfit the whole team. Times two for each team. Then there's football.... new jersies? Check. New equipment? Check. New speakers on the PA for the field? Check. Enough uniformns in the band to cover the band? Oh, nope. Sorry, arts, we will get you next year.

Oh, did I mention that the school is AWFUL? Leaking ceilings, the school wasn't wired for internet! It is ANCIENT! The computers don't work, there aren't enough for each computer class so people share, the ones that do work are so slow you cant get anything done?

But, they are going to add a multi-MILLION dollar gym onto the school.

There are 'Advanced physical fitness' classes (football training....) in the 6th-8th grades. :O

No music in k through third grade! And the one band teacher teaches the fourth and fifth graders! As if his other 4 classes aren't enough!

Why is it that this stupid school wont' fund ANY of the arts, and is getting driven lower lower into debt? Why can't our kids be given an equal playing field? AHHH! Thanks for letting me rant~!

somad.gif
Right there with you.

School, ANY school, is supposed to teach the BASICS that EVERY child no matter what path they choose, will need to function in society. Computers are a LARGE part of our society nowadays thus how to navigate them is MINIMUM what should be taught...

Putting that aside for football just irks me no end. But then how many millions, BILLIONS are spent every year on those entertainers? Only contribution to society is entertainment... they don't build anything, grow anything, heal anything... heck just today a baseball player said that a $1,000,000.00 offer was disrespectful. GAH! It's infuriating.

We have smirked for years in our small school district about how this won't get done, that won't get done, BUT by golly, that sports team will have whatever it needs to keep it going. . .art falls to part time, music is part time, industrial arts is completely gone, and Ag probably will see its day too . . .infuriating, but bad as it is, its the way it is. The money makers are ridiculous, and i give DS $20 NOT to sell the stuff, because its so $$ I feel bad asking people to buy something I know they can go somewhere else and get for less than half of what the kit is offering it for. . .no bake sales anymore, no one has the time or inclination, and when they do, they want $10 for a pie and I just can't believe that. People are having a hard time getting by, we are in a depression regardless of what the government is trying to tell us, and to think that good programs are being done away with because of lack of funding, is ridiculous. . .probably will get worse before it gets better too!!

Its such a shame that this is not a rare case.. these cuts are all over the country.
sad.png

That's a national issue and it seems to be cultural. It goes all the way up through the college level. Then there are the big cities that are crumbling down putting in brand new stadiums for their teams. Sports always seems to be subsidized more than the arts.

Quote:
I grew up in Tucson. The schools in Vail are fantastic.

yah my Dad is admin so i hear a lot about the school system here.

Ours is pretty bad too. Our high school does not even have a football team this year. I am so glad that my kids are finished. There are just so many things wrong......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom