SOPA, PIPA... what about NDAA?

Q9

General Headache
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
I don't get it. Everyone's (justifiably) furious about SOPA/PIPA, yet I hear very little about the far more horrifying NDAA. Excuse my radicalism, but last I checked, the writ of habeas corpus was enshrined in the Constitution as one of our rights. Last I checked, defining America as a battlefield opens up all kinds of opportunities for abuse. Last I checked, being able to arrest and imprison American citizens on the mere suspicion of being associated with a terrorist group was wrong on a lot of levels.

Last I checked, this is much more frightening and evil than Youtube being shut down. And we were called paranoid for worrying about martial law.

rebelcowboysnb

Confederate Money Farm
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Independent State of Dade NWGa
I have big issues with NDAA. I think a lot of people do. But this is a chicken site. SOPA/PIPA is relevant to the site, NDAA although very important is not.
There is a lot about it elsewhere like youtube. An people should get informed about it. Though I know the Supreme court will kill it, that will take time an bad thing happen in that kind of time.

Q9

General Headache
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
I have big issues with NDAA. I think a lot of people do. But this is a chicken site. SOPA/PIPA is relevant to the site, NDAA although very important is not.
There is a lot about it elsewhere like youtube. An people should get informed about it. Though I know the Supreme court will kill it, that will take time an bad thing happen in that kind of time.

I don't trust the black-robed deity-wannabes in the Supreme Court. They probably won't do a thing about it - I doubt they're exempt from being "disappeared."

Matthew3590

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
Middle, TN
I just love knowing that at any moment I could be arrested and put into a FEMA camp for an indefinite amount of time.

Obama at first said he wouldn't signed it. Then he goes and signs it and says I signed it for what I liked about it not what I didn't. If that was the case he could have VETOED it and told congress to re write it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom