Sores between toes, frostbite?

Updated pictures. Feeling cautiously optimistic? Plenty of abnormal coloration yet, but only the very tip of two toes is black (other foot looks the same). Swelling is down from where it was and she's been using her feet better now! Still eating/drinking well.

I have had vet tape loosely on her feet and underside of hocks (looked like duck feet, changed daily) - she kept stepping on one foot with the other and tripping herself / falling backwards onto her hocks. I was nervous she would do herself more damage stepping on herself, especially between the toes where she had some skin slough off, so the vet tape seemed good to provide a little protection without putting any pressure on the skin.

Attachments

• PXL_20210222_234033011.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210222_234033011.MP.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20210222_234016853.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210222_234016853.MP.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 7
She's completely healed up! A few toes short... But she walks and runs mostly normally (just lifts her feet a little high) and is able to get settled onto a roost at least 4 ft up. I considered culling at one point when it became evident she would lose some of the base on the worst foot, but she fought me so I gave her a go. Glad I did, as it healed up quite well and she is now lively and growing and running with the flock quite happily.

So glad to see the updated photos, and know that she is getting along well. Glad that you didn’t cull her. Thanks for the update, and good luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom