Sores on comb and waddle

I know you looked in the beak, but I would look again for lesions, canker, etc.
She's not eating well, but she must be eating something if she's lasted 1 1/2 weeks. I would check her crop too just to make sure it's emptying.

Try offering a wet mash of feed to see if that is of more interest.
Is she isolated? She may eat better if she's near the flock.
Her crop feels empty. I put some vitamins in her water. I have kept her isolated because I don't know what she has and how infectious it is and don't want the others to peck at her sores. I will try some vegetable baby food

Her crop feels empty. I put some vitamins in her water. I have kept her isolated because I don't know what she has and how infectious it is and don't want the others to peck at her sores. I will try some vegetable baby food
Checked her beak and looked down her throat and saw nothing abnormal

What you are feeding her is not a balanced diet, and it does not have enough protein. You would be better off feeding a layer type feed or a flock raiser feed (plus crushed oyster shell available for free taking.) Her diet probably has nothing to do with her illness, but your chickens would be healthier. Fowl pox which is spread by mosquitoes, lasts about a month to 6 weeks. I would place her back in the coop in a dog crate with food and water, so that she feels more comfortable, and possibly will eat better. When I have one who stops eating, I try and tempt them with a little scrambled egg or canned tuna.

What you are feeding her is not a balanced diet, and it does not have enough protein. You would be better off feeding a layer type feed or a flock raiser feed (plus crushed oyster shell available for free taking.) Her diet probably has nothing to do with her illness, but your chickens would be healthier. Fowl pox which is spread by mosquitoes, lasts about a month to 6 weeks. I would place her back in the coop in a dog crate with food and water, so that she feels more comfortable, and possibly will eat better. When I have one who stops eating, I try and tempt them with a little scrambled egg or canned tuna.
So you think it's just a bad case of fowl pox?
I will put her out but separated from the others and see if she decides to eat.

It looks like pox especially from the pictures of the wattles. Keep looking for any yellow plaques inside her beak, that could be a sign of wet fowl pox.

Back
Top Bottom