Sorry But I've Seen Something And It Really Bothers Me

I am all about clean water too but please keep in mind that soap can leave a film on the waterers that isn't good for birds.

The best thing to clean waterers with is white vinegar and a scrub brush. It will kill algae and leave things nice and clean.

I do this for my guinea pigs water and also my hummingbird feeders in the summer.

ACV in the water but for everything else white vinegar is da bomb and cheap!

i didn't know i was yelling at the beginning i'm sorry. i realized why u guy where saying that see i'm new at this,so i apologize.
but yes using a brush helps a lot.

I keep my waterer clean of algae by putting in about a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar to three gallons of water. My nineteen Gold Comets don't seem to mind and it doesn't affect the eggs or anything. I've read somewhere it's good for them as well. I rinse out the waterer every other day when I refill it so they're getting clean water. I also set it up on blocks so it's about eight inches off the ground. The gals can still drink easily but it stays a lot cleaner that way too.

that apple cider ti have to try it that is new to me thanks for sharing:D

Hmm... What's this about biting a chick?
lol.png
As stated before, Ducks are very problematic when in with chickens... I have 2 pekins who think they are chickens, but still make the mess of ducks
roll.png
Brand new water daily, and it's still gross when I let them out in the morning
he.gif
So, how do I get my ducks to act like chickens along with thinking they are chickens?
lau.gif

ACV is very good in the waterers - definitely helps!!

i was referring to the mold that grows in their water containers, i know the chickens or ducks will get them dirty every day:barnie and that's when we come in,keeping the green mold out.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom