Sorry I had to post pics of the triplets LOL **UPDATE**

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
Here are my triplets -- my first hatch went wonderfuly all 3 eggs hatched -- two of the babies still had some yoks attached but after a mild panic attack on my part - those two are do wonderful.

so here are the triplets

First born Peanut - her yoke is totally gone and she is up walking

S6300375.jpg

second born - Topknot - he is the only one who has the crest ( I guess I know who his daddy is LOL ) you can see a little hint of the yellow running down the front of him
S6300374.jpg

last baby born - is a very pretty yellowish grey color?? I am thinking his daddy is my Pekin ? he is still in the bator - he has a little yoke still left to absorb but he is doing just fine - sometime today I think he will be able to join the other two - no idea of a name yet - any ideas??
S6300379.jpg

S6300380.jpg

I cant believe they are finally here - I know I am going on and on about them but I am just so happy I did it and they are doing so well !!!

I cant wait to do this again
jumpy.gif

Julie

Last edited:
How about "Sleepy" or "Dopey"? Wow, I didn't realize hatching ducklings took more work than chickens. Must be scary sometimes!

ty everyone -I cant stop staring at them - it is so hard to believe that just a few weeks ago they were only little eggs with an X on one side an O on the other !!

I know that getting all eggs in the bator to hatch is most likey something I will not be able to do again I will just call this beignners luck!!

so far Peanut and Topknot have had a little sip of water but have had nothing to eat yet so I will watch them and see when I can get them to take a nibble.

well I wish I could name him Tanner - but DH said it does not "fit"
idunno.gif
so I guess I need to find the size of the baby and find a name in his size??
gig.gif

Julie

** UPDATE **

all 3 of the ducklings are doing great !! they are all up walking and they found that water is something fun to splash in - so now I have 3 happy wet ducklings
roll.png

they are eating fine and making a mess with that also

the lighter one is all fluffy and walking and has none of the yoke sak remaining - he is now in the brooder with Peanut and Topknot - he also has been given a name we are calling him Uno.

I cant believe how active these little guys are - not even a week yet - I am totally in love with them....

Julie

Back
Top Bottom