SOS I think my chick might have Cocci?

Both appear to be pullets.

There maybe something else going on with her, but I'd go ahead, & treat for Coccidiosis as a just in case.
Okay thank you. Does anyone know how much water (with the Amprol) I should be giving her a day? The dosage I found seems to be for chickens that are drinking their own water, 2.5ml/L but I’m not sure how much/often to give her the mixture?

She won’t eat or drink anything :/ we have started giving her some water with the dosage of Amprol with a syringe, we have given her 8ml of water in the past 20minutes. Her crop was full and a bit hard but then after the water it is softer!!
Her crop maybe impacted. I would wait 24rs, & see if it empties overnight, or not.

You can drench with corid undiluted too if needed. Also keep her hydrated.

Okay thank you. Does anyone know how much water (with the Amprol) I should be giving her a day? The dosage I found seems to be for chickens that are drinking their own water, 2.5ml/L but I’m not sure how much/often to give her the mixture?
I can tag someone with the exact dosage. I'm not great with memorizing these things.

@casportpony

(9wks) chick who this morning has just become extremely lethargic and basically unresponsive

She also seemed to always be more thirsty than her sibling.

We were thinking it might be Cocci and so we went and got some Amprol. She still hasn’t pooped at all since she has been in here since 7am.

She seems dehydrated to me as well, and I wanted to feed her some electrolytes

She won’t eat or drink anything :/ we have started giving her some water with the dosage of Amprol with a syringe, we have given her 8ml of water in the past 20minutes. Her crop was full and a bit hard but then after the water it is softer!!
Please tell us what her crop feels like. If she poops a photo of that too.

I agree with you treating for Coccidiosis. Get a photo of the Amprol that you have - you are in Canada, so we need to know so we can help you with dosing.

I would not add electrolytes to the water, only the Amprol. Keep syringing the medicated water into her.

What are you feeding? Label for the product? Do your chicks have access to grit (crushed granite)?

What strength is the Amprol? Is the Amprollium liquid or powder? If liquid you could give 0.1 ml orally with a syringe daily for a boost. Or you could mix a little powder in a few drops of Amprol.

Back
Top Bottom