SOS -- what is this called?

What about feed store where you got them? have they lost any?

The 5 week olds were ordered through Meyer which contracts with Metzer. These were the first to show symptoms and pass. The 2 week olds were from a local store that ordered through Murray McMurray, I believe. So the source has to be something happening here, unless the second batch was also from Metzer somehow.

I have way more questions than answers! I spoke with the state vet. The preliminary results are showing Salmonella. Salmonella?!?!

These girls were brooded in a bathtub, on puppy pads. The pads were changed twice a day and the tub scrubbed out. They've only eaten water (house water) and their Mazuri food.

The older ones got lettuce from the store once, which I also ate. The younger ones only the Mazuri.

Where did the Salmonella come from? :he:he

I have way more questions than answers! I spoke with the state vet. The preliminary results are showing Salmonella. Salmonella?!?!

These girls were brooded in a bathtub, on puppy pads. The pads were changed twice a day and the tub scrubbed out. They've only eaten water (house water) and their Mazuri food.

The older ones got lettuce from the store once, which I also ate. The younger ones only the Mazuri.

Where did the Salmonella come from? :he:he
Maybe from the Hatchery

That may be it -- I had chicks from Meyer. Several died but I thought it was the normal losses. Cross contamination between the chicks and the ducks was possible.

Those chicks are now outside. Do I need to treat my entire flock?
I would treat all of them and sterilize where they were. Here when we get the final report, there are suggestions for treating the flock. Wait until then

I did get the final report today, but haven't had a chance to talk with either the vet at the University or my vet.

Salmonella is the cause of death. But I'm very curious where it came from and how my girls ended up with it. I'll circle around with the University vet Monday to see if there's any next steps, ask about incorporating the survivors into my flock, etc.

Thank you all so much for the help and support. I'll post a resolution with vet instructions in the event this thread is ever unearthed.

Back
Top Bottom