Sour Crop- I need some advice

Signs of coccidiosis are lethargy, hunched or puffed up appearance, runny poops, and not eating. Your vet could do a fecal float to rule out coccidiosis, or you could treat with Corid.
She was running pretty fast during free range time, so I don’t think it’s that. She must have just been adjusting her crop for a minute.

I gave her the cream at about 7:00 am, should I give some to her before bed? I didn’t give any at noon.

Her crop doesn’t seem to be getting a lot better. Last time, it turns out she ate a lot of dirt, and it clogged her crop. We still have some cisapride left because it cleared up so quickly. Will it interfere with the cream? Or should I try to wait it out a little longer?

Do you know why she is eating dirt? Is the crop empty this morning? Did you vet prescribe the cisapride? That is supposed to increase motility.
I don’t know why, she is a big digger. The crop was not empty this morning, and our vet did give us the cisapride for her, these are the same symptoms as last time.

Back
Top Bottom