Sour crop question

Sounds like yeasts are building up in her crop. Keep her burped and vomited when needed. Keep her on the Wazine for about 3 days. She probably is not drinking enough for it to be effective for only one day. If you see improvement at day 3, repeat the Wazine 10 days from the first day to get all the eggs that hatched a couple days later. ( Wazine only takes care of the live worms, not the eggs.)

If she still had troubles in several days from now, you may need to start her on antifungal meds.

Keep us posted! :)

So we are at day 8. She is still not really really eating. She is drinking a lot of water. The sour crop seems to be gone. I wormed her. She is not eating enough for me to know if she is digesting her food. Her poop is mostly water. She is alert. She is up and moving around. We put her out in the yard a few times a day and she walks around and kinda pecks at the ground.

Am I at a point that I need to force feed her to get her going again? she has lost a LOT of weight. Right now the vet is not an option. Hubby just got laid off and there is not money for it.

Any ideas?

Since you were able to get a handle on the crop issue, obviously something else is going on to cause the crop problem. SO many things could be going on internally, it is hard to know. Have you felt her abdomen on the outside, from between her legs up to the vent? Does it feel like a water balloon? (compare hers with others). If so, she could have Acsites from internal laying or even a heart condition will cause fluid to leak into the belly.

She could have reproductive cancer and tumors growing in the cavities, putting pressure on the intestinal tract, causing the crop to become slow. Even an internal fungal infection will cause the crop to slow, sour or impact. Sometimes if you do an internal exam through the vent with your finger, you can feel tumors growing.

The only other thing I can think of is Coccidiosis. Not likely, but this can cause diarrhea and have them off food and water. You might try some Corid in her water for 5 to 7 days. It won't hurt her if she doesn't have Cocci. All Corid is is a thiamine blocker, which will stop the cocci from reproducing.

Back
Top Bottom