Sour Crop

Rosypetals

Songster
Jan 11, 2018
Okay, I just posted a thread about squirrels but I’m a little stressed about my cuckoo Marans, Comet. Normally, she would wander wander away from me, so I can slightly pet her, but not for long. So, I did some research and I was pretty confident she had sour crop. I live in a suburban area, so there are no vets around here that know how to help chickens. I hope I did it right, I had my mom tip Comet down with her head tipped toward the ground, and all the acces fluid started to just flow out, and she also was throwing up before hand even with no pressure on her crop. I started to also massage her crop while she was tipped head down, and I made sure to do bottom to top so no fluid goes into the lungs. She had stopped eating and drinking, and wouldn’t even eat meal worms. Now, she seems a lot better, a lot more animated, and her crop was empty except for the grit that I could feel. Is there anything else I need to do? I’m a relatively new chicken owner, and I got these chicks in March 2018. Please help and tell me if I’m doing anything wrong. I really want to help her.

Back
Top Bottom