SOURLAND! I Thought We Were Friends! What Have You Done? Broody DUCKS!

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
Aug 25, 2008
SC
A sad betrayal, indeed. I went out to freshen the waterers, lock everyone up for the night. I have 3 separate pens, so I do the farthest one first, that being where the new chicks are.

Then the middle pen, nearly get mugged by hyperactive hens. Got them settled.

Finally finish at the nearest pen, which houses five rude teenage roosters and 3- one year old female Mallard ducks. Uh oh, missing 2 ducks. The only duck outside the coop is quacking in distress. VERY upset. Now, I walk with a cane and it's getting dark. Came in for the flashlight and haul DH out as backup for the 2 likely dead ducks. We go into the pen, dodging the bad boy roosters. I very trepidatiously shine the light in the pitch black coop, thinking it's a good thing I skipped dinner. DH is right behind me, he's always got my back. Uhm, good news, bad news. The ducks aren't dead.

THEY'RE BROODY!!! I DON'T HAVE A DRAKE!!!

Sour, you and I have been friends for a while now. I trusted you, respected you and your unusal abilities. And this is how you repay me?
th.gif
Get that GPS fixed!

Last edited:
Hey Ranchie,

Would you like to hit Sour with this?

15498_imagescompass.jpg

Sorry Sour, hope the bus doesn't hurt too much going over you. The mob mentality is just not with you today.

Imp-
wink.png

Yeah, a virtual plethora of posts and none of them say "Hi Buddy." I'm just glad that all escaped the Rapture. Still haven't heard from BTaz, em, MFB, eenie, squishy, and sirbirdaholic. I'm not too worried about the bird. If taken by mistake, I know that he will be returned.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Wait! Wait! I just re-read. Ducks? Sorry Ranchy, Sour had a partner in crime but it wasn't me. Who do we know that is heavily invoved with ducks, hmmmm????
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom