SOURLAND! I Thought We Were Friends! What Have You Done? Broody DUCKS!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ranchhand, May 21, 2011.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    A sad betrayal, indeed. I went out to freshen the waterers, lock everyone up for the night. I have 3 separate pens, so I do the farthest one first, that being where the new chicks are.

Then the middle pen, nearly get mugged by hyperactive hens. Got them settled.

Finally finish at the nearest pen, which houses five rude teenage roosters and 3- one year old female Mallard ducks. Uh oh, missing 2 ducks. The only duck outside the coop is quacking in distress. VERY upset. Now, I walk with a cane and it's getting dark. Came in for the flashlight and haul DH out as backup for the 2 likely dead ducks. We go into the pen, dodging the bad boy roosters. I very trepidatiously shine the light in the pitch black coop, thinking it's a good thing I skipped dinner. DH is right behind me, he's always got my back. Uhm, good news, bad news. The ducks aren't dead.

THEY'RE BROODY!!! I DON'T HAVE A DRAKE!!!

Sour, you and I have been friends for a while now. I trusted you, respected you and your unusal abilities. And this is how you repay me? [​IMG] Get that GPS fixed!

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I disclaim any involvement. I do not know any duck related chants. Maybe Gritty did it.[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] only Ranchie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Imp can get you some "special" eggs. [​IMG]

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Hey Ranchie,

Would you like to hit Sour with this?

[​IMG]

Sorry Sour, hope the bus doesn't hurt too much going over you. The mob mentality is just not with you today.

Imp- [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Oh no, you didn't just go THERE! [​IMG]

I'll be back to deal with you later young man! [​IMG]

7. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yeah, a virtual plethora of posts and none of them say "Hi Buddy." I'm just glad that all escaped the Rapture. Still haven't heard from BTaz, em, MFB, eenie, squishy, and sirbirdaholic. I'm not too worried about the bird. If taken by mistake, I know that he will be returned. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. sourland

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gritty, compliments will get you no where. "Young Man"-- [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Wait! Wait! I just re-read. Ducks? Sorry Ranchy, Sour had a partner in crime but it wasn't me. Who do we know that is heavily invoved with ducks, hmmmm???? [​IMG]

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yes, I said DUCKS. ALL female ducks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by