South Carolina

Cold here but so far this morning I have seen Posey from NC, she came and got my Cochin flock (I messed up yesterday saying it was Snick coming to get them, she is coming for something else
clap.gif
).
And Tink came over and got a friend for her single baby.
jumpy.gif

And now Snick is on her way.
wee.gif

What a great day when I can meet so many nice people from BYC!
frow.gif

yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
I TOLD YOU GUYS YOU WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT MY FIRST EGG TODAY!!!! ok cap lock off I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

66894_img00253-20110123-1414.jpg

It's kinda little, but that's OK!!! It's got a strong shell and no cracks!!!! But I don't think I can eat it!!! Maybe the next one I'll eat!!!!!
Hey can u tell I'm EXCITED!!!And they did it a month early!!!!!Thanks You Guys For all your Help with my questions!!!
Take Care Yancy

Hi everyone,

I have 2 nice blue orpington roos that I am trying to find homes for. They are just too nice to put in the freezer.
The parents came from Sandhills Preservation.
Anyone in the upstate need a nice rooster.

Mary

20456_100_0333.jpg

20456_100_0338.jpg

Southern Bee Lady,

Your Roos are beautiful. I would love to have one, but I have nothing to put with them right now. Wish I could take them off your hands!!!

Well yall the hatching is over!!! Ok so i started with 20 eggs and I candled them at day 8 then at 14 removed all the unfertile ones and I was left with 9. So 20-11=9 the 9 that went to lockdown 7 hatched 1 died at pip 1 I have no clue what happend.
hit.gif

What would be my hatch rate??
Ok let me see if I can get the breeds straight and whom I got them from:
Beth....exc leghorn and 1 mystery brown egg.
John....2 red sex link, 2 buff orp, and white leghorn. I was shooting for at least 50% hatch rate so we are in debate on what the hatch is. The homemade cooler bator did great for what it was im going to improve on the design and functionally!!!!

Hey Eric! Great! Just great! I calculated; you've got a 62.5% hatch rate from me, and a 35% hatch rate overall.

Would love to see more pictures! Can never have enough of em. Are your sexlink babies girls or boys? Looks like at least one female, not sure of the other.

Home from the upstate and settling the new girls in the coop. They are very inquisitive and checking the whole coop out!
caf.gif
I am watching them on the chicken cam we have set up in the coop...NO I AM NOT OBSESSED!
lau.gif
Oh Yancy nice egg...how exciting when they lay their first egg...did they sing the egg song for you or did you just find it?

Nadine thanks for the hospitality and showing us your babies...and letting me spoil joline a little.
thumbsup.gif

Eric more pictures of the fuzzy butts...they grow so fast!

Mary nice looking Roos but I just left the upstate from picking up chickens at Nadines and DH would kill me if I told him we had to go back for more...plus I don't need any roos at the moment
hide.gif

John how are your eggs in the bator doing? I candled and had to remove 6 so far...so down to 30...and am thinking 4 more are infertile but not ready to call it yet. Can't tell about the marans...those eggs are so dark I can't see a thing!
idunno.gif

The friend who is loaning me the bator called tonight and offered to sell it to me for 20.00..it is a LG with fan and auto turner...guess I will buy it but that means it will sit here and taunt me when empty.
lau.gif

Snick-I just found it! I thought I had another month or so before laying but I'm sure it was one of my BR's. She acts different from all the other chickens and seems alot smarter! Like an old soul in a new chick body! lol!!! This is their first egg and mine! I think that's why I'm so excited about it! Oh and I wished I heard the Egg Song!
Snick isn't Amy's Chicken farm so cool!!! and ALL the Babies I just LOVE it!!!!And MsJolie is the sweetest, with her low bass bark!!!!You need to post pics of your new chickys!!!

Snick,

I candled on day 5 and had pronounced vein growth and embryo floating around in all 11 eggs. Tomorrow (monday) will be day 11. Besides veins, air pocket on the end, and a "floater"
smile.png
what else is there to look for to be sure of fertility/viability at this stage in the game???

Taking any advice!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom