South Carolina

Okay, you have me beat!
My daughter is spoiled but she won't be 16 until tomorrow, has had a job for a year, a boyfriend almost as long (ugh!), she drives around the farm all the time but hates my car and wants another truck, which I sold last year. She doesn't seem interested in a permit either, which is fine with me. She also has 60 Guinea Pigs in the house (Hey, we are down a lot! It used to be over 100.
ep.gif
). And she gripes at me about all my chickens!
gig.gif

Why is it we spoil our daughters so much?
love.gif

At least your daughter loves the ducks! My kid isn't interested in chicks or ducklies.
tongue.gif

Mine has finally had the same boyfriend for about 7 months now! A record for her!!
gig.gif

Usually she keeps them anywhere from 1 week to 5 or 6 months then breaks up with them. Seems boys get on her nerves.
gig.gif
Almost every one of them has done something she did not like. She is like "Momma, I told him to start with DO NOT get clingy. DO NOT call me every day. DO NOT get on my nerves. BUT HE DID NOT LISTEN!"
hu.gif

She has been that way since middle school. This is her second time dating this fella. He treats her good. Some days though she still seems to be short on patience. He seems to be all mushy, but she is learning to tolerate it better.
gig.gif
She is a hugger
hugs.gif
but not a touchy feely hand holding kind of person.

I Have A new web site called Chicktrader.com it is a classified page that I'm trying to get started I have S.C. up and running ya'll come visit if ya'll want I'm not trying to spam anyone or take away for byc , Thanks Randy
smile.png

Nadine and Kimberly - I'm sooooo thankful to have boys!! LOL Of course, they are spoiled too but still easier than girls I think. My 16 year old has his permit but doesn't like to drive either. I think that is good though, I have to push him to practice some but I'm ok with him not driving yet. : ) Chickens are so much easier than people. LOL And Nadine, sell that piggie! What a great price, I wouldn't be able to pass that up either. OH and silkies on duck eggs? FUNNY....I can't imagine they could cover more than one duck egg. You have to make pics of that to share.

I will check out the new website, more chickens to buy! FUN!

Ya'll enjoy the sunshine - I could get used to this weather for sure.

Okay, does anyone see any blue Jersey Giants in this photo?

9332_bbs_jg.jpg

And this one was too tired to finish reading the paper!

9332_too_tired.jpg

I still have 2 JG eggs that have not hatched but otherwise out of the 18 she sent 13 have hatched. Not to mention all of mine I hatched along with them.

Yes, it was a beautiful day. Too bad I had to run through my chores and go to Wally World. Ick. However, DH is making crab stuffed mushrooms, shrimp (both friend and boiled), french fries and slaw for supper so well worth it to me!
Oh! I wish I could have gotten my camera in time to snap a few shots of the chickens running around with the (empty) crab legs hanging out of their mouths!
lau.gif
Yes, DH makes crab stuffed mushrooms with real crab meat that he shells himself. Totally delish! Ask the hens!
frow.gif

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I'm so excited!!!Amy!!! So the rate of eggs to how many where sent to how many hatched is Amazing RIght!!!!I can't wait to see them hopefully on Saturday!
And the mini-coop is almost done!!
Dinner Sounds Yummy!!!!

Yancy, you ain't kidding on the eggs.
clap.gif

They were shipped from Pride&Joy here on BYC. Very good wrapping and the hatch rate has been fantastic!!! It looks like you have at least 3 blue girls to choose from. I think there is one splash but am not sure on color or boy or girl and I think there are a few blacks, boys and girl. I just haven't spent enough time staring at them.
gig.gif

I think we did a fine job getting in some blue JGs! Didn't I tell you I would find you some? Anyone nice enough to bring me a gift just for showing them around the farm is worth it. Not to mention you are just a really great person!
big_smile.png
I am smelling really good these days after my shower with the lavender soap. It is fabulous! I am still inhaling the other one!
love.gif

You know you can come anytime to visit with the pretty babies. I promise not to love them too much before you get over here. We will watch them grow a few weeks and see if we can't tell what is going to be boys and girls. They can stay as long as they need to. I won't sell any until you get your pick. And then I may keep them for myself because I love those big bodacious girls! I'm not sure about those roos. If there is a blue one I may hang on to it for the free range flock because people love to see beautiful roos strutting around the farm yard.
droolin.gif

Ok I need a favor me SC family. I am in the process of building my first incubator and am excited to try it out. Here is my problem. The only chickens I have just hatched out of a store bought incubator 2 days ago. I need to purchase some eggs. I hate to say it this way, but I do not want eggs from a purebread. I want mutt eggs. That way if it does not work, well you get the picture. Does anyone have eggs they would be willing to sell so I can test my new incubator? I don't need a lot, just some. I realy appreciate any help yall could give me.

Back
Top Bottom