South Carolina

OK DH must really be mad at me over getting the lil curly fuzzies from Amy!
lau.gif

He asked me to call the guy in Newberry that also has marans. I go pick up 2 dozen eggs tomorrow.
wee.gif

ARE THEY FOR ME??????? NO.NO.NO.NO. Makes me wanna
smack.gif
him
gig.gif

WAIT HONEY! I have been asking for Marans for a year!
barnie.gif

I was told I just got those two birds and some eggs from Amy and some of my silkie eggs in my bator so I did not need any from Newberry!
rant.gif

gig.gif
I guess he did not believe me when I told him those were nice birds. He saw Amy's and decided he liked them.
Maybe he will share
lau.gif

Quote:
Sell them??!??
hide.gif
What?
lau.gif

Leave that one to Amy....or someone else......I just buy
gig.gif

I do see fertile eggs listed on the BYC auctions as well as older birds. The older ones are pickup only sometimes though.
Not sure how many BYCers use it but...I have seen both eggs & birds listed on Craigslist also
smile.png

Some even post on Facebook!

And sometimes it is private transactions through personal messages, emails, etc.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey, I bet that is Keith Beck in Newberry! He got his first Marans from me.
lau.gif
Just ask him if he knows Amy up here in Spartanburg. He'll tell you we are good buddies. If that is who you are getting them from then I can vouch he is a very nice guy! I believe Snick got her eggs from him. Am I right on this one? (I do get confused sometimes. Can't understand why.
roll.png
)

Amy - one of the most awesome things about my daughter....she does not have a paying job but she does have a non paying one. DO WHAT I TELL HER!
gig.gif
Just kidding......sort of.

Seriously, she can sling around 50lb bags of horse or goat feed, work a drill, hammer a nail, paint the barn, feed the animals, cut grass, clean the kitchen, do some laundry, clean house ... basically anything that needs to be done, she can, has, and will do. She works good. Has a good work ethic. I never really noticed it either until she was in high school & her FFA teachers was telling me about how she is. I was like well yeah. It needs to be done, she knows it needs to be done, and she does it
smile.png
I did not think it was anything spectacular LOL

She impressed my best friend's dad (a retired navy man) when we helped my friend move. Friend's dad said Nicole worked circles around his own daughter (my friend) and his granddaughter. She and I both did..........her more than me because I can only do so much at one time.

She does not get to be lazy. We keep her busy. Of course, DH wants her to get her degree and work for herself. I think she may be hard to work for. She does a lot of things herself - it is easier than trying to tell someone else how to do something, that other person doing it wrong, then having to go back herself and redo it! (wonder where she got that from??
hide.gif
)

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey, I bet that is Keith Beck in Newberry! He got his first Marans from me.
lau.gif
Just ask him if he knows Amy up here in Spartanburg. He'll tell you we are good buddies. If that is who you are getting them from then I can vouch he is a very nice guy! I believe Snick got her eggs from him. Am I right on this one? (I do get confused sometimes. Can't understand why.
roll.png
)

I don't know if he ever told me his name or not!
LOL

He was going to Lugoff tonight which is why I am going tomorrow after he gets off work.

Quote:
I use the BYC auction but DH set me up with a great website and that has drawn in tons of business. I like to chat chickens so I get on here and get to meet all these great folks but I also get to talk chickens with people all over the US and some other countries when they find my website.
I buy eggs from here and ebay so I find deals there but also think that new SC chicken and egg site may be great. I will have to work on getting ads on there, too.

A lot of my business is now coming from word of mouth, too. People email me wanting to come visit the farm and see what I have to sell or what they may eventually like to get. I do not care if they don't buy anything as long as they don't go home with something they really don't want.

I also have a sign at the end of my driveway for fresh eating eggs. I have sold a lot of chickens to folks just stopping for eggs and then realizing they would like some chickens for themselves. No, that doesn't cost me business. A new friend and happy customer sends more business my way.

Tough decision.....but I think I am taking a liking to the Buff colored Silkies. Believe me, it's a hard decision. I'd love to have ALL sorts of colors, but my space is limited for now. Presently I have white, and I assume I should stick to one color if they are to be kept together?? Again, mine are "pets" but I'd like to improve on what I've got. And, I've really got a hankerin for a beautiful Buff hen. Does anyone know of anyone with buff silkies??

Back
Top Bottom