South Carolina

What a fun looking pair of chicks about half way down in the pictures...LOL
Good note there Patsy!
big_smile.png

Great to see everyone!! Patsy, did I say LOVE your hair? So.....who was there and didn't say hello?!?!
Yes cudo's to Kimberly for her win
smile.png
That was some tough competetion. No ribbons for me. Ive gotta figure out some way to get the "big dogs" to stay at home. Im afraid thats my only chance at winning.
I prob won't make Barnwell. That's a tad too far.

Thanks for the compliment! My DD actually cuts my hair...she just hates to do it but how can she refuse me?
gig.gif
LOL! Great win for Kimberly...you keep entering because you have awesome silkies!!! I know you work hard on them too! I just love the couple or so of whites I have from you! They have just now started laying but the only roo I have with them is a partridge
hu.gif
...but I have a young paint growing up and I just got a gorgeous splash to put with them...can't wait to see what comes of that mix!
clap.gif

Looking for a silkie roo.

Sadly a month ago our silkie roo Sir Bok Bok died. He made a triumphant challenge to an opossum that killed one of our black Cochin bantam hens. Sir Bok Bok got beat up some, and he did recover for a week, but got down to spooky thin levels then died overnight. The afore mentioned opossum got its just deserts by box trap and bb to the middle of its eyes.

hit.gif

I think I am emotionally red-eye to get another roo.

LOOKING FOR SILKIE ROO!!

Duties: will perform various rooster duties (guarding, digging, mating, nest cooing, etc.).

Benefits: will be the only roo in this coop. will have 9 wives:
1 white silkie (Flopsey)
3 black silkies ( dropsey, puffy, the mad puffle)
1 pied cochin (cow)
1 grey cochin (grey thing)
2 japanese bantams( blondie & pineapple)
1 golden laced cochin (dolley)

Background test:
must be able to overcome "the mad puffle" ( the hen boss). every roo that has been put in this pen, has been chased out by "the mad puffle!!"
2. must be crowing
3. must be fertile!!
4. must guard

Please submit applications to this forum along with pictures and a profile pic.

We live in Rock Hill,SC

Will pay top dollar!!!
yesss.gif
this was sooo cute and funny. to bad my roos are wyandotte, as we have one that could use the mad puffle. he did get the brunt of jerri (turkey boss hen) yesterday. dont know what he did or said to her, but she was on him like a crazy hen. i let her at it for a while before i finally stepped in, wonder if he got the word.

Sent a PM. I have 3 Silkie roos free for use in flocks. It seems I always have free Silkie roos available. Different colors but not too pampered to be great flock masters.

We have one in 2 weeks in Barnwell, Heidi. Still a bit of a drive for you but not nearly as far. Maybe an hour from you?
About 4 hours for us but I am lucky to ride with Kimberly and Nicole. They are awesome folks! They make me laugh too much and my sides hurt after a while but that is okay.
wink.png

not OK when you are laughing with a hurt back!!!

Ohhhh Bethany--I definitely think you found the right place! Lots of silkie breeders on here and some are close to you too!! What age and color were you looking for?

BTW--silkie owners/breeders do any of you have any Columbian pullets? My ds really likes the color and I was thinking I might make it an early Christmas present. Thanks! Actually I could take a chick too but I hate to be stuck with a male(that seems to keep happening to me with silkies!).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom