South Carolina

Nice Site you have might I ask why you don't Breed the D'uccle anymore? I Just started Whit Chickens about 1 year ago 10 Breeds of birds and Now getting into Quail. But was just wondering if there is something I need to know about the d"uccle Chickens!
We raise d'Uccle and there is one unfortunate thing about them and that is they do not lay a lot of eggs. I have 4 little hens and they will lay about 10 eggs each in a cycle(if I am lucky) and then take a rest. Production is not their strong point but they do make up for it in personality! We do love our d'Uccles here and hatch all the eggs ourselves--well at least at the moment....

If anyone is in the area of the lowcountry and in need of chicks we have a lot to offer hear from our Rare and Heritage breeds of Layers. We are about to gear down from hatching chicks and hopefully start with our guineas(when they start laying). Though we will probably continue to hatch our Blue/Black Copper Marans and Heritage RIRs all season.

Last edited:
Maybe we should meet up so I can learn some from you. It would be nice to have a chicken friend :) I would really like to start with hens and work my way up to chicks. backwards, I know, but I want to be comfortable with what I am doing before I get a bunch of chicks if that makes sense. I don't think we have even even been in the Inman Feed store and we live probably a mile and half from it! Thanks for the tip!
That sounds great! We live very close to each other & it would be nice to have a chicken friend too! Everyone thinks I am crazy to have chickens. If they only knew how addictive they are! Lol!

I go by there almost every day but in 26 years I have never bought chicks there. They recommend a lot of people come to me for laying hens since I seldom sell chicks anymore. I hatch and raise for myself and if I have some left over or do not need them later I sell the grown birds. They seem to be nice people and we have done business with them next door at the auto shop, which is how they know about me. I took my truck there a few times and have my farm name plastered all over it and that I have chickens, ducks, Guineas and peafowl.

You think they are addicting ........ let me show you addiction....... http://www.westknollfarm.com/

ep.gif
lau.gif
I seen your business card there! I was happy with the chicks I got. I stopped buying food there cause they don't have chick food or layer food...its all the same. I still buy pine shavings though. Also they had chicks for sale in the back & I went to go see them and they all had a big piece of poo stuck on their vent. I did not like that.
Do you have anything for sale now?

I am fairly new to the area (bought our house last June) and as a matter of fact I am a "**** yankee" moved here from CT a year ago last friday to be with my now husband who was born and raised in Spartanburg (Moore). So, any advice about where to get both Chicken stuff and anything else (like the autoshop) is extremely helpful!! As well as any chicken friends, or girlfriends in general since I really just have my work friends and a couple church ladies here that I know.
Hey girl I am a "darn" yankee too. I am from upstate NY. My nieces live in Conneticut.

We raise d'Uccle and there is one unfortunate thing about them and that is they do not lay a lot of eggs. I have 4 little hens and they will lay about 10 eggs each in a cycle(if I am lucky) and then take a rest. Production is not their strong point but they do make up for it in personality! We do love our d'Uccles here and hatch all the eggs ourselves--well at least at the moment....

If anyone is in the area of the lowcountry and in need of chicks we have a lot to offer hear from our Rare and Heritage breeds of Layers. We are about to gear down from hatching chicks and hopefully start with our guineas(when they start laying). Though we will probably continue to hatch our Blue/Black Copper Marans and Heritage RIRs all season.

Are them Chicks Black Copper Marans? I have 5 chicks and 1 dozen eggs in the hatch along But would love a few more chicks your about 1 1/2 hours away Im willing to come down in about a month if you have some for sell? And Would love another dozen hatching eggs as well.
droolin.gif

I had to laugh....i was holding my rooster when my hen "Faith" jumped on my shoulder. Then she walked over and got comfortable on top of "rosie". I guess she likes it on top!!!
lau.gif
yesss.gif

Hey Ya'll!

I'm from Greenville, SC. We're staying in some condo's ATM and are planning getting a house in the next year or so hopefully. My brother and I use to have chicken when we were young. I have always loved chickens. My husband is from Providence, RI. He's a city boy from up North. He says that he's a Southern Transplant. He lived in Cali for 7 years before moving here. That's when he met me. He has never seen a tractor on the road till he moved here. He hates getting behind them. He use to ''toot'' the horn and go around, He thought it was weird that the farmer would wave at him. He has more patience now and enjoys taking life in the slow lane instead of being in a rush all the time.

Anyways..

I have done alot of research over the last week or so. I'm also pricing stuff and finding out which route is the best to take. Like I've said, I love chickens, but can't stand to kill them. I asked my hubby if he can kill and process them if the hens gets old and he said ''Of Course, I will....''.. that quickly changed when he saw a video of how to do it. Guess I'll be looking for that special chicken lady and/or man to pay them to kill and process it for me.

Happy Cock-a-doodle doo!
big_smile.png

Hi Im in the Summerville sc area and Im looking for hatching eggs in the low country, Do we have any people here around dorchester county charleston or Berkley? If so let me Know what you have and some Prices Im looking for Full breed hatching eggs :)
thumbsup.gif

Hi Im in the Summerville sc area and Im looking for hatching eggs in the low country, Do we have any people here around dorchester county charleston or Berkley? If so let me Know what you have and some Prices I looking for Full breed hatching eggs :):thumbsup

Daniel, if you don't get any responses here, there is a lady in Sumter that advertises on Craigslist. I haven't dealt with her personally, I just saw the ad.

Back
Top Bottom